FA Youth Cup - Leeds United

Left early, it was fucking freezing but thought that was a stroll in the park. completely outclassed leeds abd could have had a few more goals. Not sure of the players names but number 6 in centre mid was excellent throughout, great on the ball with a good range of passing with both feet.

Back in the car now, hopefully will thaw out soon!

By far the better team and a well deserved victory. It felt like we took our foot off the gas for the final 15 minutes, but that was understandable at 5-1 up.

I'm sure Twosips will be along with a report, but here are my ratings:

Grimshaw - 7 - could do nothing about the goals but his distribution was flawless all evening. Might've even tipped a first half chance onto the bar.
Duhaney - 6 - played ok and got stuck in on occasion. However, his crossing was a bit wayward and not at his best.
Oliver - 7 - solid game and kept the striker quiet. Very assured alongside Tosin.
Adarabioyo - 8 - good headed goal and had a decent game overall. Distribution out from the back was excellent.
Sarmiento - 7/8 - really impressed by this guy's technical game and decision making. A natural footballer. Struggled with pace a little bit while defending but his attacking play was great.
Davenport - 8 - one of the best players tonight. Swept up in front of defence and can really pass the ball well, both short and long.
Kongolo - 8 - a higher rating due to his goals, but his general play is a simple passing game. Feel like he'll need to step that up to go further at MCFC
Patching - 9 - a real talent. His vision and weight of pass was a highlight tonight and looked a cut above to me. Could be a real asset in 2 or 3 years
Dilrosun - 9 - an absolute nuisance second half and destroyed the full back a few times. Looked good on either flank, has pace, can cross and scores goals. Exciting.
Nemane - 6 - a nice assist from him but was really quiet for most of the game
Nmecha - 8 - another one to watch for me and a gifted striker. Took his goals well and worked really hard up top.

Subs
Brahim - a fairly brief cameo but could've had a goal and some of his turns and skill were sublime. He's going to be a star, it's obvious.
Buckley - worked hard and showed some glimpses.
Wood - not much time to make a real impression.

I've probably been a bit generous with my ratings as Leeds weren't really up to much. However, a good job well done and we've got some talent to enjoy and I have high hopes for 5 or 6 in that team.

Sarmiento, great player. Possibly our future left back.

Will Patching is class on the ball, hope he gets given a chance soon.

Will is a classy player and although I thought he was god tonight I felt his final ball wasnt as good as I would like to see. As for Sarmiento there is no doubt his quality on the ball and he loves to go forward but my god he will have to learn a lot about how to defend.Similar to Angelino in that respect and I would have Angelino ahead of him.

Strange isn't it that we currently have Clichy and Kolarov as the 2 first team left backs and neither are great defensively. I would say both of them are streets ahead of both Angelino and Sarmiento as defenders. I know these 2 are just 18 bla bla but you know what mean

Sarmiento did play very well overall. However, he got a bit carried away with trying to do too much after conceding the O.G.

As you say, Patching was excellent and so was Dilrosun.

I think the ref was teaching us a bit of a lesson with the pen as we had a few good chances to clear the ball. Given those circumstances, Tosin and Buckley overdid the whinging to the ref. that said, I wish the first team would complain more to the refs about penalty decisions!!

I agree gents. First touch on on Sarmiento is incredible though.

Tosin is a great leader for that team, he's years ahead of the other lads physically. Would love to see him in the first team.

And I agree, the Dutch lads were class tonight. I was sat in front of the Leeds right back's parents for most of the game, they couldn't believe how good our left winger was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.