Yaya Toure

The big man might be a bit older these days but before he reached the twilight of his career at the top level, he was an unbelieveable force for Manchester City.

Some say David Silva, but for me, every single season we have won a trophy, Yaya Toure has been the better of the two and that includes this season as well.

Silva may have been more pleasing on the eye but in the big games where Silva maybe didn't have his usual influence, it was so often Yaya who produced a mammoth of a performance to take us all the way to glory.

Quite simply, the best Manchester City player of the past 40 years. Give this a watch and just remember what he once was and what he helped us achieve. Brilliant

What an extraordinary compilation. I'd always championed Spanish Dave personally, not least because as well as being the best player on the pitch Ya Ya was also capable of being the worst, but watching that lot what is clear for sure is that Ya Ya is unquestionably the best big game player we've ever had. Stevie Sliparse and the Bogdweller always get the acclaim as the best Premier League midfielder ever, but I wouldn't swap Ya Ya for either of them two twats. Certainly every time we've been to Wembley (bar Wigan), he's run riot. The rags, Stoke, Chelsea, Sunderland, the Dippers: that's 5 match winning performances right there

Our PL + League cup double was completely thanks to Yaya. I've been disappointed in him since because of various factors (main one goes by the name Dmitri Seluk), but when he's motivated like he's been the last few weeks, he's our best playmaker even at his age. Hearing that he wants to stay when Pep gets here actually made me happy and I wasn't expecting to feel that way. With a proper defensive structure behind him, there's no reason he can't be a valuable asset till he decides to hang up his boots.

But, please Yaya, get rid of that cockroach of an agent!

The big man might be a bit older these days but before he reached the twilight of his career at the top level, he was an unbelieveable force for Manchester City.

Some say David Silva, but for me, every single season we have won a trophy, Yaya Toure has been the better of the two and that includes this season as well.

Silva may have been more pleasing on the eye but in the big games where Silva maybe didn't have his usual influence, it was so often Yaya who produced a mammoth of a performance to take us all the way to glory.

Quite simply, the best Manchester City player of the past 40 years. Give this a watch and just remember what he once was and what he helped us achieve. Brilliant

I've always said Silva but having watched the compilation video YAYA is a beast and definitely in the Top5 city players of all time

Definitely the best player I've seen in a City shirt. I hear about Silva a lot, and by Christ on his day he's brilliant, however, Yaya is the big game player. That compilation says it all, you'd never be able to put that kind of stuff together for Silva. Unfortunately both are on the wane, and this season hasn't been good for either of them.

One thing it does show though, we don't half miss Tevez and his fucking work rate!

For me he can be easily placed ahead of Silva, simply for the fact he has scored a lot more goals.

Then you consider the importance of their biggest goals, and also the fact Silva has been a bit more inconsistent, and Yaya wins.

Yaya's definitely been the man of the takeover. Like I said in a similar thread not too long ago, my favourite will always be Silva because he plays the game how I like it to be played. Yaya though, fuckinell he's been good hasn't he.

Just posting to agree with OP. When Yaya is miles off, it's usually because he's saving himself for a big game(s) coming up. Given his build, age, and how dynamically he plays, I don't think he has much choice. Managers know this, but he still gets picked because even at his worst, no-one else can run the passing game in the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.