New breed Season ticket holders only going to the big games

not the whole story ,my son goes to uni at leeds he gets back a lot but wont make everymatch ditto his cousin ,and then there is the kid in front of me been coming with his dad for years now has a saturday job,but has kept his ticket , its a bit harsh to blame a "type" when its the pressures of modern life that are a huge factor

There are people on the season ticket waiting list who would love the ticket of the lad with the Saturday job!

I havent missed a home game in any competition since the stupid allocation of tickets for Hamburg, that said my son missed a lot of games this season as he has started working.

He pays for his own season ticket - just he has a boss who doesnt like or even understand football and therefore gives no leeway to him with regards to Saturdays off. My son has paid for his ticket, but because its an 18-21 that the club wont let me upgrade and pay for full adult unless I do it game by game it is an arse ache to shift it on.

The two times I managed to shift it on this season I had to contact the club during working hours to upgrade it full adult - and then the friends who were essentially egtting a discounted ticket thought they were being overcharged until I explained that they were getting it less than face value because we had paid the season ticket part already.

This is just life - but with some pointers from fellow forumers his seat should be full when his boss is being a douche!

Some strange opinions in here. As someone that has had a season ticket through good times and bad and been loyal to the club that I have followed for the past 47 years I find myself scratching my head recently. It was easy when I grew up five minutes from the ground. I went home and away in those days. Moved to Hull for almost ten years and never missed a home game. Missed quite a lot of my studies though as City came first.

Now lived in Liverpool for the past 12 years and still have a season ticket, as does my partner. We get to most games but have missed a few over the past two years because of illness and bereavements. I also work all over the UK and have had some horrific and very expensive journeys to get back for games. Yes, that includes televised games, even when it is raining! I will have a season ticket until the day I die and am fucked if anyone will tell me when I can go and when I can't.

There are many blues like me that have moved away and still have season tickets and travel from all four corners....... Some would say that is loyalty personified. I have earned the right to do what I want with my ticket. If I want to buy it and then burn the thing that is up to me. As it happens if we can't go we give the tickets away for free, but that is rare. We try to get to all games.

We are a successful club now and apparently one of the big clubs. That has brought a mixture of fans. What pisses me off at the minute is people that have an opinion now about who should and shouldn't be allowed to have tickets, how many games people should attend to prove their loyalty, etc, etc. Some of those with the 'brightest ideas' wouldn't have given the club the time of day 15 or 16 years ago, nor would they have sacrificed what a lot of us have to see 'our' team.

Great post mate. Mine is a 450 mile round trip, 80 quid in petrol and a minimum of a day/2 days off work for midweek matches.

Season tickets have been readily available for years but now were successful we should move aside for those who, but not all, never quite fancied it previously.

Its quite simple I cannot attend every match as the number of holidays and financial cost of travel prohibits it. Not a chance I would give it up though or feel guilt for not attending

Some would say that is loyalty personified. I have earned the right to do what I want with my ticket. If I want to buy it and then burn the thing that is up to me. As it happens if we can't go we give the tickets away for free, but that is rare. We try to get to all games.

We are a successful club now and apparently one of the big clubs. That has brought a mixture of fans. What pisses me off at the minute is people that have an opinion now about who should and shouldn't be allowed to have tickets, how many games people should attend to prove their loyalty, etc, etc. Some of those with the 'brightest ideas' wouldn't have given the club the time of day 15 or 16 years ago, nor would they have sacrificed what a lot of us have to see 'our' team.[/QUOTE]

supporters like yourself to try and satisfy - thankless task imo. QUOTE

You have no need to justify anything to the planks who feel they can dictate how and when you use what you have paid for.

City currently have a situation where a number of season ticket holders pick and choose their games.

This leads to games which have sold out featuring a number of empty seats throughout the stadium.

People will always miss games through illness, work, holidays & family issues etc, but since we became more successful there have been quite a few fans who have bought a season ticket with the intention of only going to the big games.

Is that what a season ticket is for? It seemingly never happened as much when we were shit. I've been watching a few season reviews from the early days of the Etihad and in the big sold out games there were less empty seats than there is now. Even back watching matches from 09/10, 10/11, 11/12 it seemed to be less of an issue.

The club tried to fix this with an official ticket exchange. Tbh it has not been the best advertised system in the world, with some fans thinking you still need to be Platinum to use it and I've not once heard or seen it demonstrated on the stadium's big screens.

I know people who can't afford a season ticket and have tried to get tickets late on for games only to find them sold out but then watched on the TV and seen many spots available.

Is there a solution?

What about having a 'Top 6 match ticket'? You get the same seat for matches against the top 6 clubs (not including us obviously) of last season. This would be aimed at fans who want to guarantee seats for the big games and seemingly aren't too interested if we're playing West Brom at home. This could potentially free up seats for new season ticket holders or just fans who can make the odd game.

Wouldn't really ever want us to go down the path of booting out people who don't come. They've parted with their money after all, but maybe they could part with their money on a top 6 ticket instead.

I agree, to be fair I can't make every game (I live in Scotland) the guy next to me lives in Nottingham and has two tickets and goes far less than me. I'm afraid that's what happens when we have the cheapest season tickets in the League. I suspect that is what happens in the family stand too.
I only missed 2 games this season but it could have been more. I don't put my tickets on the exchange because I only get about £15 for it ( if it gets sold). I tend to leave my options open to the last minuet in case I can pass it onto a friend etc.

I've tried to sell a few games on ticket exchange when I cannot go but apart from the derby a couple of years ago have had no takers.

I'd be happy to tick a box that said if the ticket did not sell then the seat goes to charity.

The OP is right and it is definitely a big problem.

with a large list of people who want a season ticket, I would have no problem if the club introduced compulsory attendance give or take the odd game. Use it or lose it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we would have made the Champs League final, how many Bluemooners would have been happy missing out on a ticket to somebody who goes to a minority of the home games (but gets all the loyalty points)!

The OP is right and it is definitely a big problem.

with a large list of people who want a season ticket, I would have no problem if the club introduced compulsory attendance give or take the odd game. Use it or lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you may find that there are plenty of supporters who totally disagree with that approach, and would rightly kick off big time.

Many have had season tickets when nobody else wanted them, and have supported the club/team over many years .

If there is enough demand, I have no doubt that the owner will extend the ground, providing that it is financially viable.

I think you may find that there are plenty of supporters who totally disagree with that approach, and would rightly kick off big time.

Many have had season tickets when nobody else wanted them, and have supported the club/team over many years .

If there is enough demand, I have no doubt that the owner will extend the ground, providing that it is financially viable.

There's no need to extend the ground (yet) when there are 1,500 empty seats in the lower tier of the family stand for most games!

I think a scheme where a season card needs to be used (or made available on the ticket exchange) for at least two thirds of games would be proportionate. Nobody wants to lose committed Blues and we all know that many fans can't make every game for a variety of reasons!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.