New breed Season ticket holders only going to the big games

That is not the full story though, although I accept it is part of the reason.

One of the main read its more noticeable is the ground is selling out a lot more and so those who cannot make every match, but wish to ensure they can attend the majority are forced into buying a season ticket or give up the opportunity of attending on a regular basis or for the more crucial games.

Ideally for me I would buy on an ad-hoc basis but realistically it would result in me missing out on more matches, particularly the bigger games and the cost soaring.

Luckily I always pass my ticket on but would I feel guilty if it was empty, probably not. Ive done my time and do not remember anywhere near this desire to attend for the past 25 years. Not a chance im going to give it up now just because weve found a few more thousand fans who supporting there blues is there latest fad.

neither should you mate. the effort you and people near you put in is admirable.

I suspect that already happens to a large degree. Friends often get to use my ticket if I can't attend.

Not sure about the exchange, because I have never had to use it, although other posters appear less than complimentary about it.
Absolutely and I applaud you for it bud.

But it's obviously not happening most of the time.

I’ve been a Season Ticket holder since 81-82, but strangely miss more home games now than I ever did when we were crap.

Not so much one big reason, as loads of little ones, including the late rescheduling of fixtures, which was never a problem in the halcyon days of Platt Lane benches, and piling out of the Birch Villa or the Fallowfield at 2:45.

However, one thing I’ve definitely noticed is the increasing number of holidays and weekend breaks taken during the football season. The world is a smaller place, and the more affluent fans now miss games because of skiing holidays, caribbean cruises, golfing weekends, or in my case, trips to Germany to see Bundesliga matches.
It’s an issue, not solely confined to the ETIHAD, but more noticeable in the modern world of all seater stadia.
Whether it's a major problem, when City have just recorded their highest ever average attendance is debatable.

neither should you mate. the effort you and people near you put in is admirable.

Thanks Bill. I genuinely think there is a misunderstanding of the people this compulsory attendance idea could potentially affect and I am not overly convinced of the merits of potential beneficiaries.

Still has the " police state" stamp all over it - bit pro Putin in nature ?

If somebody has committed themselves to a capital outlay at the beginning of a season, It is their prerogative to choose whether to go or not - without or without good reason !

And exactly how does the person cancelling the ticket demonstrate the " right to cancel" something which has been freely purchased by agreement ? Surely a legal agreement has been established between the club and the supporter ?

Perhaps a supporter with a legal background may care to confirm/disprove the accuracy ?
Don't know bud, I'm lucky I live within 4/5 miles of the ground and have no issues with work etc but something needs sorting out, the charity idea posted earlier is perhaps a better idea.

I'm only going to the Derby next season.............just can't be arsed with the rest ............might take in a few Fc Utd games too..........

I think you may find that there are plenty of supporters who totally disagree with that approach, and would rightly kick off big time.

Many have had season tickets when nobody else wanted them, and have supported the club/team over many years .

If there is enough demand, I have no doubt that the owner will extend the ground, providing that it is financially viable.

Sorry, but now that there is a waiting list, if you are not going to use the ticket for a minimum of say 16 of the matches, I would fully support it being removed. Just because you've had a season ticket a few years, doesn't mean you should be immune from this. If the people you talk of are such big city fans, why are they missing so many games?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.