Mike Ashley

A little balance required I think...
I know quite a few people who work at the HQ in Shirebrook (granted, not in the warehouse, where 90 odd per cent are eastern european migrant workers) and without exception they all speak incredibly highly of Mike Ashley. The pay and conditions are excellent and the bonuses can be astronomical. He doesn't pay dividends to shareholders as he prefers to share the profits amongst his employees, I know of no other place that does this. Seems fashionable to kick a bloke for being successful, listening to various union mouthpieces and guardian readers on the radio yesterday you could be forgiven for thinking he was britains biggest ****, when the facts from people who actually work there are the polar opposite.

Maybe they think you are undercover supervisor?

Of course, they are going to say they are happy if they are constantly bullied, threatened at work.

I work the railway line through there and you should see the mass panic in them if we are late. Some have asked me for official notes, ringing their supervisors for fear of repercussions of something that aren't their fault. Which I'm happy to do.

Shows hows fucked up this country is that my trade union can be sequested for breaching a minor law but Ashley can't have his assets stripped for fucking workers over, along with that shady employment agency he uses.

I know a lad who works for Addidas. The sports retail world is full of shisters, many end up in prison for fraud. Ashley is in the lead in the race for the bottom he has hit hard in to the bed rock. The likes of Addidas have to deal with them as they shift volume like no one else but they tread very carefully. They have retailers they really like but they would lose huge chunks of turnover if they don't deal with the likes of Ashley.

This is one reason I will be voting remain, I'd feel more secure with worker's rights being protected by the EU despite everything which is wrong with the EU.
So how exactly is the EU protecting the rights of these agency workers?

While, as a former Union activist, I'm all for workers' rights, they haven't offered any protection to agency workers who are used precisely by unscrupulous employers to avoid having to meet those rights.

And UK workers already get more than the minimum level of some rights set out by the EU. Different countries within the EU may require different solutions more appropriate to their economic or cultural requirements but all they get is a 'one size fits all' approach. If a country feels the need to boost exports, the traditional way is to allow or encourage weakening of their exchange rate. But they can't do that when they're part of the Eurozone. But that suits a major exporter like Germany.

So how exactly is the EU protecting the rights of these agency workers?

While, as a former Union activist, I'm all for workers' rights, they haven't offered any protection to agency workers who are used precisely by unscrupulous employers to avoid having to meet those rights.

And UK workers already get more than the minimum level of some rights set out by the EU. Different countries within the EU may require different solutions more appropriate to their economic or cultural requirements but all they get is a 'one size fits all' approach. If a country feels the need to boost exports, the traditional way is to allow or encourage weakening of their exchange rate. But they can't do that when they're part of the Eurozone. But that suits a major exporter like Germany.

And why would their rights improve under a Britain which is outside of the EU?

I was generally suggesting that companies may get away with abusing workers more under a tory UK which is no longer a member of the EU. It's already bad enough living in a society that allows fat cats to sell off worker's pensions to line their own pockets.

And why would their rights improve under a Britain which is outside of the EU?

I was generally suggesting that companies may get away with abusing workers more under a tory UK which is no longer a member of the EU. It's already bad enough living in a society that allows fat cats to sell off worker's pensions to line their own pockets.
Has Jeremy Corbyn hijacked your account foxy?

I know a lad who works for Addidas. The sports retail world is full of shisters, many end up in prison for fraud. Ashley is in the lead in the race for the bottom he has hit hard in to the bed rock. The likes of Addidas have to deal with them as they shift volume like no one else but they tread very carefully. They have retailers they really like but they would lose huge chunks of turnover if they don't deal with the likes of Ashley.

Its like most manufacturers I work for one and you now that there are some c*nts you don't want to sell to but you have to because of what they can shift volumes. When you are dealing with them you just like them are going to be very selective with what you sell them.

With a Tory government in situ, it is axiomatic of an EU exit that workers' rights will be attenuated. I'm struggling to see how anyone can argue against that with a straight face.
_89849254_rioferdinand.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.