Andros Townsend

He is a small step up from Navas in that he is HG and has some vague idea about crossing and scoring. But we want a big step up.

I like what Eurosport had to say on it:

"No, check the diary again, we're nowhere near April 1. Pep Guardiola is genuinely being linked with one of the least tactically nuanced footballers on the planet. What Townsend does can be effective in his way (and it's something that would actually be pretty useful for England over in France right now), but the winger has a level. Upper mid-table in the Premier League is about as good as he's going to get, unless he somehow manages to develop a string of other skills to go alongside his cut-inside-and-shoot routine.

It's hard to think of a player less suited to Guardiola's style of play, and that's before we even get to the issue of who he'd have to oust to get into the starting XI. Kevin De Bruyne? No thanks, we've got Andros. The link to Jurgen Klopp's interesting Liverpool outfit is only marginally less ridiculous."

To summarise - anybody who thinks Pep Guardiola's Manchester City will acquire, let alone play, Andros Townsend is likely a few sandwiches short of the full picnic.

"No, check the diary again, we're nowhere near April 1. Pep Guardiola is genuinely being linked with one of the least tactically nuanced footballers on the planet. What Townsend does can be effective in his way (and it's something that would actually be pretty useful for England over in France right now), but the winger has a level. Upper mid-table in the Premier League is about as good as he's going to get, unless he somehow manages to develop a string of other skills to go alongside his cut-inside-and-shoot routine.

It's hard to think of a player less suited to Guardiola's style of play, and that's before we even get to the issue of who he'd have to oust to get into the starting XI. Kevin De Bruyne? No thanks, we've got Andros. The link to Jurgen Klopp's interesting Liverpool outfit is only marginally less ridiculous."

It's true then. Fcuk, yeah!

Fuck me, surely not ???
Our record with transfers is pretty shit but even we won't buy Townsend ffs

I am not comfortable with having an Andros Townsend thread in our Transfer Forum.
If it is City's ambition to compete eye to eye with Real Madrid and Barcelona, I think we have to also compete with them about signing the best players. We need to be signing the players Real want to make their next Galacticos, and we need to be signing players directly off Real and Barca. Before we are doing that, we are not really in the same league.
Andros Townsend, a player Tottenham discarded, a player who just got relegated with Newcastle. Sorry but it doesn't compute.

To summarise - anybody who thinks Pep Guardiola's Manchester City will acquire, let alone play, Andros Townsend is likely a few sandwiches short of the full picnic.

Know these words to be the ultimate truth ladies and gents!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.