Guardiola press conference (27th July 2016)

I think the main difference is that when Pep says it people take notice. We're all watching Pep with such interest at the moment so these statements are great. Pellegrini did often praise individuals, he's said time and time again Aguero is the best player in the world with Ronaldo and Messi. With his grasp of English though he never had a wide range of superlatives to describe players. Saying someone is "important" over and over again isn't quite the same. Pep is much more imaginative and evocative with his words so it hits home.

If you remember Pellegrini's first season, the players clearly bought into him. It's whether Pep backs up what he says and whether he can keep motivating the team after the honeymoon period.

Pellegrini probably said a lot of stuff but it was like listening to white noise he was that dull. Pep says stuff with passion and belief and I'm looking forward to this filtering through to the team.

Pellegrini probably said a lot of stuff but it was like listening to white noise he was that dull. Pep says stuff with passion and belief and I'm looking forward to this filtering through to the team.
We're also all listening like crazy because we're desperate to know how we'll line up. It's like reading tea leaves, the man can't fart without someone saying it's a sign that he'll play a 2-5-1-2 with a false centre half tucked in between two traffic cones. I just spend all day giddy with excitement when I think of it all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.