Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolarov is still here because we couldn't get Laporte. Plain and simple. Pep sees him as being better with his feet than Mangala and we don't have many left footed defenders. You can argue that he can't defend very well. It doesn't matter. Pep's giving him a go at CB probably as cover especially with Vinny being injured we'll need back up.

To be fair to him, looks like he has come back very fit and determined to be involved. He looked very suspect at the end of last season but who knows.

I have complete faith in Pep to make the correct decision, I said when he took over that he will grab all of the players and one by one see if they still have the heart and fire in their belly to compete. Kolarov seemingly has passed the test.

Kolarov is still here because we couldn't get Laporte. Plain and simple. Pep sees him as being better with his feet than Mangala and we don't have many left footed defenders. You can argue that he can't defend very well. It doesn't matter. Pep's giving him a go at CB probably as cover especially with Vinny being injured we'll need back up.
To be fair if Pep wants him it's probably because he's physically in good condition and is smarter than Mangala. You can't coach the fear out of someone and Mangala looks scared passing the ball 4 yards.

To be fair to him, looks like he has come back very fit and determined to be involved. He looked very suspect at the end of last season but who knows.

I have complete faith in Pep to make the correct decision, I said when he took over that he will grab all of the players and one by one see if they still have the heart and fire in their belly to compete. Kolarov seemingly has passed the test.
Or there's just no club out there willing to pay his wages.

Maybe, just maybe, Kolarov is still here because he's a very good footballer?

Hey!!!!!
We have a winner
You may claim your prize as you exit

Kolarov still has one of the best left foot in the business but I really believe that the only viable position for him in this team is Left Midfield and that is a stretch. Don' t think he can play left back effectively anymore (too rigid, no flexibility,no athleticism , no acceleration, especially when tracking back)and certainly cannot play center back. Maybe his technical ability with that left foot and his natural personality and leadership qualities is the reason why the manager considered him for CB or maybe because of circumstance e.g injuries and other things relating to transfers, Only Pep knows but we will find out what happens when the season starts.

I think pep will persist with him at centerback, his passing through multiple lines of opposition players is exactly what we need. He lacks composure to play out from the back in tight areas but this is a problem nearly all of our defenders have, except possibly Clichy. I think early in the season Pep will tell the players to play more in their comfort zone and clear it when they feel its necessary but will be working like dogs in training to improve their ability to play his style of football. In the friendly vs arsenal you could see they were all told early on to stick to the plan no matter how risky it gets and to try play out from the back, however when Hart came on Pep let them return to their normal style.

His range of passing being left footed and his Height is probably why Pep trying him out at centre back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.