Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolarov still has one of the best left foot in the business but I really believe that the only viable position for him in this team is Left Midfield and that is a stretch. Don' t think he can play left back effectively anymore (too rigid, no flexibility,no athleticism , no acceleration, especially when tracking back)and certainly cannot play center back. Maybe his technical ability with that left foot and his natural personality and leadership qualities is the reason why the manager considered him for CB or maybe because of circumstance e.g injuries and other things relating to transfers, Only Pep knows but we will find out what happens when the season starts.
I completely agree
I like to stir the pot a little from time to time
But seriously I've always liked him even in his worst moments (sentimental)
I hope he stays and contributes
But as you say "only Pep knows"
Three days until the official change of guard
Mmmmmmmmm change

No need in getting rid of kolarov just yet he's not the best defender now as we know and no doubt his legs have gone but he is good on the ball and no club have probably come in for him.

What's he on? 90k a week?

That's why he is still here...who out there would be willing to pay him similar? Especially factoring in age too

Nobody

He's got 10.5 months left on his contract. That's, what, £3.5m owed to him in wages?

Find a club that will pay £3m for him as the turkish team will, and top up his wages for the rest of the season.

Oh yeah - that'll be it.
That wand of a left foot and range of passing myth grows the more you don't see them. Forget his defending, attitude and living off a mere handful of good shots and passes.

20 goals and 40 plus assists in roughly the same number of games as Clichy, one goal and five assists ! Yeah, its a complete myth ! Clichy is a marginally better defender, but is absolutely 'wank' to quote Rammy Blue going forward. He is absolutely no threat whatsoever going forward and as soon as the ball comes to him the move is effectively over in terms of creativity, as with Sagna who is another passenger. Full backs have to be good going forward, especially under managers like Pep. Both are getting past it now and we will hopefully bring on the likes of Angelino.

It gets to me when City fans don't consider our youth players for the 1st team. For instance the idea that Kolarov will be used at centre half. Too much of that and if I was Adarabioyo or Denayer I would be saying I'm off. We would lose 2 brilliant prospects, both of whom are good on the ball. Denayer in particular has seen plenty of 1st team action, some of it at a high level. If Denayer doesn't get used this season I would question whether we have the intention of ever promoting academy players into the 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.