Ticket Collection Celtic away

Personally I'm glad that the club has introduced something that makes it more difficult for fans who buy tickets and sell them on regularly just so they can stay at the front of the queue.

It's not the clubs fault that some that want to go can only take half a days holiday etc. Ticket collection ensures that those that purchase tickets actually go to the game and that's fair.

I little bit of an inconvenience at times maybe but I'm all for it.

Personally I'm glad that the club has introduced something that makes it more difficult for fans who buy tickets and sell them on regularly just so they can stay at the front of the queue.

If that was the reason it was introduced then why don't they do the same for away games at the swamp, Burnley and Bournemouth and a top of the table clash which all go the same way?
I'd be happy if they did the same here, but they won't

If they impose the ticket collection process for Celtic, then why not all PL away games?

I hope they do, as it means I'm more likely to get a ticket. But whatever the club decide, its going to be controversial.

That's been my point for a while, especially now that away tickets are topped at £30, and actively encourage points whoring.
If anything, it should be the other way round with points not being allocated for european away games, but tickets posted before you travel.

If that was the reason it was introduced then why don't they do the same for away games at the swamp, Burnley and Bournemouth and a top of the table clash which all go the same way?
I'd be happy if they did the same here, but they won't

I don't know but it should also be introduced for those games. Only reason I can think of is that maybe for say the swamp or burnley it'd probably not make much of an impact due to then being local games.

However I'm not 100% sure of the reasoning behind the system anyway and the benefit that I see might just be a by-product of why they've actually done it.

It's an inconvenience that's no doubt but it does help making ticket allocation fairer.

It's not the clubs fault that some that want to go can only take half a days holiday etc. Ticket collection ensures that those that purchase tickets actually go to the game and that's fair.

Its not the clubs fault fans can only take half a day? The reason I can only take half a day is because ive used up most of my holidays following city.
As Squirty says why not introduce it to premier league games? That presents a far bigger points whoring problem than the occasional overseas game. The reason they don't is its not manageable same as it isn't really manageable for the Celtic game because far more than normal will arrive late.
Or maybe all us fans who have other commitments so cant get there first thing should just sack the game off so as not to inconvenience city's distribution policy

Would the Celtic games not be the the kind of game that fans want to keep at the front of the queue for? Therefore very few applying but not going?

Cheers though clearly that first trip to collect tickets you would have to pay for this time unlike previous trips

Its not the clubs fault fans can only take half a day? The reason I can only take half a day is because ive used up most of my holidays following city.
As Squirty says why not introduce it to premier league games? That presents a far bigger points whoring problem than the occasional overseas game. The reason they don't is its not manageable same as it isn't really manageable for the Celtic game because far more than normal will arrive late.
Or maybe all us fans who have other commitments so cant get there first thing should just sack the game off so as not to inconvenience city's distribution policy

No it's not. The fact that you've used your holiday entitlement following city is irrelevant. I've used 12 of my measly 20 days holiday on my honeymoon meaning I couldn't do Bucharest and will also have to very economical with my remaining days in order to maybe do 3 European away games but that's also not the clubs fault.

A little bit more planning and the ticket collection is only I minor inconvenience that's helps ensure that supporters who actually qualify due to attending games over a number of years get tickets over someone who has maybe only recently decided that they want to do City away getting tickets via someone they know. Can't argue with that as it's fair.

Cheers though clearly that first trip to collect tickets you would have to pay for this time unlike previous trips
I've changed my travel because of that.
Was going to stay in Dortmund and travel in on the day of the game saving the €27 train fare. Can't do that now though without a ticket.

Maybe City will buy us all a travel pass for the day?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.