Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho's passing is very good but not as good as KDB, Gundogan, or Silva. I am guessing only 3 of Fernandinho, KDB, Gundogan, and Silva will play at the same time. Obviously the exception would be the biggest of the games like for example against Barcelona where 4 of them might start at the same time, then Fernandinho can slot in at RB.

doesn't need to be as good, it's good enough and his positioning, movement off the ball, and reading of the game etc make him indispensable. Fernandinho won't play every game, the beauty of having 4 genuine world class talents is the ability to rest one and cover injuries but in the games that truly matter Fernandinho will not be playing right back. If he was to play all four aat the same time, i think it's far more likely he'll either invent some madcap formation or we'll see KDB out wide. But i don't think that will happen either.

doesn't need to be as good, it's good enough and his positioning, movement off the ball, and reading of the game etc make him indispensable. Fernandinho won't play every game, the beauty of having 4 genuine world class talents is the ability to rest one and cover injuries but in the games that truly matter Fernandinho will not be playing right back. If he was to play all four aat the same time, i think it's far more likely he'll either invent some madcap formation or we'll see KDB out wide. But i don't think that will happen either.

Fernandinho is the glue that holds this team together he reads the game better than any other player and positions himself perfectly to sniff out any danger in an instant. Other players have had more press this season but for me he's been our best player as he was last season

Doesn't get the praise that he deserves (apart from our fans) does a lot of the donkey work which frees up Kdb,silva,sterling,aguero and so on to get on with the attacking side of things,although Fernandinho's not to shabby himself on that front,but love the way he slots in when either stones or otto go forward ..

Remember when Pellegrini went through that spell of playing Fernando over him? Clueless.

Yes. I also remember plenty on here thinking it was the right decision as well.

Jesus Christ. Sometimes you wonder if people actually watch the football.

Why do people keep wanting him to play RB? Has he ever played there before?

Honestly wouldn't swap him for any midfielder in the world, someone of his quality deserves at least one champions league medal in their career. Without him last season I think we would have struggled to get a Europa League place never mind CL.

Last edited:
We need another one asap, he is the only player in our starting 11 that is irreplaceable. At his age he can't play every game do we have any like for like in the eds? Or a young player similar we can sign and he can earn from dinho? He is so vital in how pep wants to play!
He is not irreplaceable. Love the guy and he is good, but I bet Gundogan or even Garcia can play the position to a T.

All our players have been key. Not just Dihno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.