Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fernandinho is the glue that holds this team together he reads the game better than any other player and positions himself perfectly to sniff out any danger in an instant. Other players have had more press this season but for me he's been our best player as he was last season

Well said, this man!

What's impressed me with Dinho so far is he's displaying all the attributes of a Kroos/Modric. He's controlling games at will, and he's superb at breaking opponents lines. I also never realised just how good a passer he actually is, his range is absolutely quality, and he transitioning our attacks so quickly.

What's impressed me with Dinho so far is he's displaying all the attributes of a Kroos/Modric. He's controlling games at will, and he's superb at breaking opponents lines. I also never realised just how good a passer he actually is, his range is absolutely quality, and he transitioning our attacks so quickly.

That's because he's never actually played in his real position since we signed him & isn't even doing it now really, but at least he's not in a two. He's been like a minder for poor old outnumbered Yaya.

At Shakhtar, Dino had a Gareth Barry type player behind him, where Dinho himself is playing now. He was able to attack, press, tackle, do what he liked & was, imo, one of the best in the world (even better than Gundogan) in that position. Whether he could do it now after not playing that role for 3 years, I don't know, but he was fantastic there & we have wasted him by having him playing 2nd fiddle to Yaya Toure instead of being himself.

I truly believe that thanks to the tactical changes Pep has made and the formation he uses, in Gundogan, Silva and Fernandinho we have the top three "central midfielders" in the league.

Madness when last season it seemed at times we were playing without a midfield.

One of the best midfielders in the world and I hope he gets recognition for that this season in Pep's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.