Louis Theroux - Saville

That photo is vile.
Just google "baby groupies" and you'll see. Here's two of them with Led Zeppelin.

starrbingenheimermaddoxmay1974-1.jpg

The girls don't seem to have any regrets

The girls don't seem to have any regrets

That's exactly the problem. Watching that makes me cringe. It's exactly the outcome of grooming. Two grown women talking about one of them being kidnapped as if it was just one of those things you do to a girl you like.
Their acceptance of a grown man taking advantage of a developing teen girl for his sexual gratification. Her excuse 'we got it'. They honestly still think that the reason they were together was because they somehow understood the music on some different level to everyone else. They were muses. Please!
You can look at the parallels in the Adam Johnson case. The first time the girl thought it was wrong was when she was called names by her schoolmates. She told her mum about it because of what her classmates had said. Not because of what AJ did.
Even with the abhorrance of the Rotherham/Rochdale/multiple towns, grooming scandals, there were still one or two girls who even gave evidence stating that what happened wasn't bad and that they had been loved and treated well by the abusers.

You do wonder how much of our feelings are dictated by how sexually desirable the celebrity in question is seen as. It's like those stories that come out every now and again about a hot female teacher having sex with a student and everyone talks about how lucky the boy is. I think there's an element of, "well what teenager girl wouldn't want to have sex with David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Jimmy Page, etc, in their heyday?" Whereas with someone like Jimmy Savile, Gary Glitter or Rolf Harris, it's easier to assume that any young girl engaging in sexual acts with them must have been coerced into it.

You do wonder how much of our feelings are dictated by how sexually desirable the celebrity in question is seen as. It's like those stories that come out every now and again about a hot female teacher having sex with a student and everyone talks about how lucky the boy is. I think there's an element of, "well what teenager girl wouldn't want to have sex with David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Jimmy Page, etc, in their heyday?" Whereas with someone like Jimmy Savile, Gary Glitter or Rolf Harris, it's easier to assume that any young girl engaging in sexual acts with them must have been coerced into it.

Very good point, never thought of it that way

Are we animals or not?

Not all animals are savages and lack empathy. We as humans have an inherent empathy for others but as has been seen can be torn away through multiple ways such as abuse, chemical imbalances, fear of what you don't understand etc. Young people are impressionable and as an adult you fully know when you're taking advantage and basing it on animalistic instincts is a cop out. I'm not aware of any other animal preying and sexually engaging with an unfully developed female/male of their own species, maybe there is?

For sure there's definitely a distinction between the two

Not all animals are savages and lack empathy. We as humans have an inherent empathy for others but as has been seen can be torn away through multiple ways such as abuse, chemical imbalances, fear of what you don't understand etc. Young people are impressionable and as an adult you fully know when you're taking advantage and basing it on animalistic instincts is a cop out. I'm not aware of any other animal preying and sexually engaging with an infant of their own species, maybe there is?
Infant is a strong word. In most of these cases we're talking about girls who are biologically capable of having children. And in that case, animals would definitely be having sex with them at that point. The age of consent is an arbitrary thing, not the precise moment that men start finding girls attractive.

Infant is a strong word. In most of these cases we're talking about girls who are biologically capable of having children. And in that case, animals would definitely be having sex with them at that point. The age of consent is an arbitrary thing, not the precise moment that men start finding girls attractive.

Agree. We are hard wired to find women of reproductive age attractive, so is finding a 14 year old attractive wrong? Is it something we have to suppress because society tells us its wrong? Lots of big questions related to this which make the person asking (me) sound like a proper nonce!

Agreed and why I edited it out. Actually you're correct there, some animals most likely would but it's a moot point anyway, we are humans and develop a lot differently both physically and mentally. Everyone develops at different stages so having a moral standing should for sure be in place as not every 13/14 year old are at the same stage of development.

Agree. We are hard wired to find women of reproductive age attractive, so is finding a 14 year old attractive wrong? Is it something we have to suppress because society tells us its wrong? Lots of big questions related to this which make the person asking (me) sound like a proper nonce!
Haha, it's true, you can't talk about this shit without sounding like a nonce. One interesting study I read about was one where they showed men pictures of 14 year old girls and asked them to rate their attractiveness. And then they told the next group they were actually 18, and the men suddenly rated them more attractive. Maybe they were imagining having to listen to the constant blah blah blah of a 14 year old girl in the first case though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.