Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haters are out in force. He hasn't played for along period of time and called in action under such circumstances ffs .
If you mean by "haters" everyone in the past few posts who think he's an excellent keeper and a great teammate besides.. then, yeah. you've a strange definition of "hater."

If you mean that Willy is actually proficient at playing it out from the back and that we won't suffer a huge drop in form because Bravo is out... well, then you're delusional.

He has been with us long enough to form and opinion of his talent,this haters word should be banned
If you mean by "haters" everyone in the past few posts who think he's an excellent keeper and a great teammate besides.. then, yeah. you've a strange definition of "hater."

If you mean that Willy is actually proficient at playing it out from the back and that we won't suffer a huge drop in form because Bravo is out... well, then you're delusional.
Yes haters is the correct word.

Feel more comfortable with Willy in net at the moment. I know I'll be hung for this but so far, I simply don't rate bravo.

Think sometimes he looks too edgy when it comes to the opposition putting pressure on him to play it out, not only what happened yesterday but against the likes of spurs and united too. Okay he's put it out a couple of times and we've broke to then score but in the grand scheme of things a goalkeeper needs to be more than that obviously.

Sometimes you have to hoof it if you're under pressure or at least have the defenders to cope with it (which we don't at the moment) I know peps way is from the back but even still, better to concede a throw in than to concede a goal.

As for crosses, again...I don't think he's top draw at all. Think hart was more confident in getting to a ball in a dangerous area, not saying Im a hart fanboy just want him pointing out a reasonable assumption.

Shotstopping: no worries. Seems okay in this department...not weak to his left side like hart was.

Hope Brovo proves to be a top class signing I really do, But at the moment...I've seen nothing at all really that's made me think "fucking hell this lad is shit hot"

Feel more comfortable with Willy in net at the moment. I know I'll be hung for this but so far, I simply don't rate bravo.

Think sometimes he looks too edgy when it comes to the opposition putting pressure on him to play it out, not only what happened yesterday but against the likes of spurs and united too. Okay he's put it out a couple of times and we've broke to then score but in the grand scheme of things a goalkeeper needs to be more than that obviously.

Sometimes you have to hoof it if you're under pressure or at least have the defenders to cope with it (which we don't at the moment) I know peps way is from the back but even still, better to concede a throw in than to concede a goal.

As for crosses, again...I don't think he's top draw at all. Think hart was more confident in getting to a ball in a dangerous area, not saying Im a hart fanboy just want him pointing out a reasonable assumption.

Shotstopping: no worries. Seems okay in this department...not weak to his left side like hart was.

Hope Brovo proves to be a top class signing I really do, But at the moment...I've seen nothing at all really that's made me think "fucking hell this lad is shit hot"
Fair enough.

But listen to Pep's recent interviews.

And read Pep Confidential

And then look at how well we perform with Willy at the back - I think our buildup from the back will struggle big time And if the opposition isn't totally stupid, they'll high press Willy relentlessly.

We're going to struggle big time with Willy at the back IMO.

Last edited:
Nervous? He's 35 and a professional who not only has faced Barcelona many times but had properly warmed up ahead of the match - I doubt nerves entered into it
I think any keeper who has to come on because the team's number one ball*ed it up would be nervous, doesn't matter if he's faced Barça before or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.