David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him and Dinho have been mainstays all season, which says a lot of what the manager thinks of them both, they could do with some rotation but no KDB and no Delph hasnt made this possible, let the flappers flap, its the vogue to write players off and want a new toy, Dave has been excellent in some games and poor in some this season, but to say its not there any more is total and utter bollocks.

That's right, a City fan.

Not a Sergio fan. Not a Yaya fan. Not a Pep or Silva fan.

The club and its best interests at heart above all things and all others, and long after personalities have moved on.

And without getting into a dick measuring contest, nearly ten years before David was even born.

Irrespective of the close relationship you have to the player and my own view as the best I have seen in my lifetime, he no longer warrants a guaranteed slot.

It happens to the very best of them.
He's been a 7/10 on average in all his time here, but when you need three touches to get the ball under control when not under pressure tells me that he's worried when he's going to get hit, I don't get why he appears from nowhere and fluffs his shot. In Spain it goes in or close, his control is leaving him and 3 touches to make a 5 yard pass isn't achieving anything but time for the other team to get set up, 1 game a week is it if we want a 7/10 performance.

If any one player can slow us up as a team/unit it's him .

Tbf an more concerned about the Ginger Prince who was awful today , Silva as been the same 4 years average

That's right, a City fan.

Not a Sergio fan. Not a Yaya fan. Not a Pep or Silva fan.

The club and its best interests at heart above all things and all others, and long after personalities have moved on.

And without getting into a dick measuring contest, nearly ten years before David was even born.

Irrespective of the close relationship you have to the player and my own view as the best I have seen in my lifetime, he no longer warrants a guaranteed slot.

It happens to the very best of them.

Strange thing to say about dick measuring contest?!

Much, much worse though is you saying that David has been the hide and seek champion in the last 12 months.

This is the same 12 months where he has had 4 separate injuries and played several times in that period when others wouldn't. Probably the player that makes himself more available on the pitch in every game than any other player. Far from a hide and seek champion.

He has started the season very well according to the majority (not you obviously) due to being fit having had a few extra weeks rest after picking up a hamstring injury with Spain. This gave his ankle the rest it has needed since October last year.

His game is reliant on movement in front of him for passing options. There has been little movement recently from our striker.

As I said... I'm disgusted and ashamed of any city fan than can be so disrespectful.

The guy is 30. He's got a lot more great games ahead of him in a City shirt.

Strange thing to say about dick measuring contest?!

Much, much worse though is you saying that David has been the hide and seek champion in the last 12 months.

This is the same 12 months where he has had 4 separate injuries and played several times in that period when others wouldn't. Probably the player that makes himself more available on the pitch in every game than any other player. Far from a hide and seek champion.

He has started the season very well according to the majority (not you obviously) due to being fit having had a few extra weeks rest after picking up a hamstring injury with Spain. This gave his ankle the rest it has needed since October last year.

His game is reliant on movement in front of him for passing options. There has been little movement recently from our striker.

As I said... I'm disgusted and ashamed of any city fan than can be so disrespectful.

The guy is 30. He's got a lot more great games ahead of him in a City shirt.

I agree with the vast majority of what you say, the only problem I had was the end of last season. When David made a Lazarus style recovery when he pulled on the Spanish shirt.,

Strangely, I have been okay with Dave's performances this season. They've gone from sublime in a few games earlier in the season to average or slightly below average. But his effort and hustle has been very high since Pep's arrival.

Unlike most I have no problem with Dave's performances. I adjusted my expectations Long ago. I actually think he has slightly surpassed my expectations for a 30 yearold.

He is going to have down games when he plays multiple times a week. There is no way around that. But he's defensive work has actually been good. Same goes for Dihno too by the way.

Age always shows. Always.

People are too hasty to write players off. Football history is littered with examples that demonstrate that player decline isn't necessarily linear.

Equally supporter favourites tend to have their decline glossed over. Zaba is a pretty good example. Loads of people were saying he can't be sold in the summer because he's a City legend and how he was just coming off an injury riddled season and still had plenty to offer.

I don't think Silva's 'finished' though - reckon that's far too dramatic. I do think his weakness has been exposed again in the last few games. I sometimes feel with him that if the opposition DM lays a strong tackle on him early doors, it takes a lot to get him to then impose himself on that game subsequently.

Anyway yesterday was a collective lack of intensity and nous. The whole midfield was pedestrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.