Time wasting by players

Doesn't help that the ballboys have to sit behind the mountaineous advertising hoardings. The ballboys are about 3ft having to scale up and down 4ft boards before they can even reach the ball. Bit ridiculous really.

Also the booking of Forster yesterday...all it achieved was to waste a further 30 fucking seconds

Every single goal kick took a minimum of 30 seconds, one or two as long as 1 minute. Throw ins the same - that's a lot of wasted time over 90 minutes.

And wtf was that substitution of tadic all about!? Oh hang in let's stop and do it again in 5 mins

Unfortunately if we keep conceding first then it will keep happening.

Players are experts at it, managers promote it and fans hate it but as always nothing gets done about it.

sometimes the powers that be lose sight of the fact this gravy train is funded by the public and should be mindful of that because it's tedious

The sooner the rugby method of timekeeping comes in, the better We wouldn't get all these 90th minute subs or slow walk offs.

Yesterday went too far and I think I came close to popping a bollock screaming for a second yellow for Forster.

That being said, we'll do exactly the same when it suits us. I'd rather not, it's not what I want to see from anyone but it's the sensible thing to do until the rules change.

Forster was really taking the piss and while he was allowed to get away with it, he had no motivation to speed up. The problem is the ref. IMO, he should reach for his pocket after the second offence. Booking him on 85 mins was a piss take.

Southampton also wasted a full 2 minutes with their 'double substitution' - the second player got all the way to the touchline, it was called over the tannoy only for them to cancel it and subsititute about 2 mins later.

Their coaches were also signalling to the young left back to sit on the pitch when their was nothing wrong with them.

That said, I dont think singing "Clattenberg you're _____ _____" helps us in any way - regardless of the truth in the words.

If we didn't gift the opposition leads, there'd be less time wasting.
Not saying it would disappear, but it wouldn't be as bad.

That is true however both Everton and Southampton were sent out with instructions to slow the game down wherever possible and were wasting time from the first minute.

There should be a big fuck off clock for everyone to see, whenever there is an injury it should be stopped, whenever a goal is scored it should be stopped, for every substitution it should be stopped.

Goal kicks and throw in's are more difficult to deal with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.