Losing Scouts to our Rivals

Apologies if this is on the board already, but I've done a search and not found it. It appears that Simon Wilson, whom the BBC describes as our "director of football services", is moving to Sunderland to be their "chief football officer" from 1 January 2017: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38131247

I don't know anything about him or the work he's done for our club over the last decade, but it seems as though it's a promotion for him. That's the thing when you're in a highly competitive industry and employ very talented people - your rivals will always be trying to poach them. Happened to my employer the other week. The good thing for City is that the structures and processes we have in place should allow us to deal fairly seamlessly with the loss by promoting or recruiting suitably qualified replacements while the organisation continues to function professionally.

I don't understand why Utd would 'steal' scouts from City ?

Surely they already have their own, who would be watching the exact same players ?

And rumour has it their best kid is jumping ship to sign for City anyhow. So the problem there wasn't 'scouting' it's the part which comes next.

Have they signed up these blokes, because they have no fuckibng idea how to do it anymore & want to copy us but can't 'poach' anyone more senior ?

As someone posted earlier though, we can't get complacent. And also we must get something to show for our academy, at first team level.

We're getting closer but we must get at least one through as a regular. The perception is becoming that we don't play any, even though we do.

I don't understand why Utd would 'steal' scouts from City ?

Surely they already have their own, who would be watching the exact same players ?

And rumour has it their best kid is jumping ship to sign for City anyhow. So the problem there wasn't 'scouting' it's the part which comes next.

Have they signed up these blokes, because they have no fuckibng idea how to do it anymore & want to copy us but can't 'poach' anyone more senior ?

As someone posted earlier though, we can't get complacent. And also we must get something to show for our academy, at first team level.

We're getting closer but we must get at least one through as a regular. The perception is becoming that we don't play any, even though we do.

Spot on. I do think we need to start using more fringe players to at least show there's a pathway to the first team.

any more info on this Nev? not heard this rumour....

We all know a decent player when we see one, young or old, its how the club bring them on and the facilities at their disposal, we have left the rags very far behind in that respect.
I doubt these two will help the rags make up any ground on us by going to the swamp. What gets young players to sign up is seeing others like them getting opportunities, hopefully City will keep moving forward with this, we have some awesome talent at our club in the EDS and right through all the age groups, even ex rags bring their kids to us..!

'And rumour has it their best kid is jumping ship to sign for City anyhow. So the problem there wasn't 'scouting' it's the part which comes next.'

any more info on this Nev? not heard this rumour....
I'm guessing it's 15 year old Mason Greenwood who is mentioned in the article linked in the first post on this thread. They also mention James McAtee (13 or 14 but been here since he was 11, not 14 as the article suggests) and Noah Ohio who's only about 12. Apparently the rags don't like it up 'em.

We all know a decent player when we see one, young or old, its how the club bring them on and the facilities at their disposal, we have left the rags very far behind in that respect.
I doubt these two will help the rags make up any ground on us by going to the swamp. What gets young players to sign up is seeing others like them getting opportunities, hopefully City will keep moving forward with this, we have some awesome talent at our club in the EDS and right through all the age groups, even ex rags bring their kids to us..!
Some of those rag players kids were sent here even when their dads still played for them, now that has to hurt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.