Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only had 3 good games all season. BM at home in the CL, Barca at home in the CL and Bounemouth in the league.

Needs to start running games consistently like Yaya and Silva did in title winning sides.

Ok so thats just blatantly not true

The single best performance from a city player all year was by KDB away at Old Trafford int he derby, he was absolutely unplayable
There is not a better football in our squad but he has to play centrally. The reason we beat barca was shifting him from the left to the middle in the second half.

3 games all season jesus christ are people turning on him too now? He is a numbers player who comes up trumps when we need him to, and he will do this week. Banking on him in agueros absence, particularly against Arsenal. He will perform, like he did the last time Arsenal came to play at our place

The single best performance from a city player all year was by KDB away at Old Trafford int he derby, he was absolutely unplayable
There is not a better football in our squad but he has to play centrally. The reason we beat barca was shifting him from the left to the middle in the second half.

3 games all season jesus christ are people turning on him too now? He is a numbers player who comes up trumps when we need him to, and he will do this week. Banking on him in agueros absence, particularly against Arsenal. He will perform, like he did the last time Arsenal came to play at our place

You can just tell Pep is trying to find a way to fit both Silva and KDB into his squad. In my book, KDB should always play in a central role.

Sorry, he was class in the Derby. Completely blanked me.

I'm not turning on anyone, I love our Kev, but just feel like he needs more consistency in the run of the mill games.

Needs to get his act together very quickly otherwise will start to look like an expensive flop like Sterling who is now back to his embarrassing worst. One incident in the first half summed up what a shithouse he is when he just let the Leicester player have the the ball without a fight ( he does that often ) who then crossed that ball and the attacker had a free header just before half time.

You have a way with words.

People saying he needs to play centrally, but 60% of the chances he creates are from wide areas. His crossing is world class, his finishing, through balls, possession play etc aren't. He should be given a free role really, but that's not Peps style.

Whilst about 70% of the chances Silva creates come from central areas, much more effective than Kev in tight spaces etc and he is better defensively.

Last edited:
Well, he, Fernandinho and Aguero are probably the only 3 world class players we've got right now. Silva has past his best, same with Yaya, Vinny is always injured. Our bench is not good enough.

In addition, as mentioned above, De Bruyne's possession play isn't good enough because he hasn't got a world class close ball control. He's more direct. He can't play tippy tappy football.

Bar the class he showed for the Zaba goal I thought he was very average tonight (and was poor at Leicester)

Bar the class he showed for the Zaba goal I thought he was very average tonight (and was poor at Leicester)
Well that's the thing with our Kev. He could be shit all game and have an assist to his name at the very least. Even when he's bad he has that little moments of magic that can win us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.