Gundogan - Back training 26th June '17

I’ve tried to forget about Rodwell, but when you add Jovetic, Hargreaves, Delph, and now Gundogan, it does seem quite extraordinary, bordering on negligent, that we keep taking the same gamble, with injury prone players, and then wondering why we’ve never had a full squad.

As for Mooy, it’s a huge leap from the Championship, but then again, I don’t think any of us are fully aware of the long term strategy behind his signing.

How did you forget Santa Cruz?

Whilst I'm gutted for the lad, I'm not viewing it as a negative for now. Our form went to dog shit when we tried shoehorning him, Silva, and KdB into the same side, so just maybe a new approach might be better all round ?

Even though I would prefer him in the side, as he looks a quality player to me.

Whilst I'm gutted for the lad, I'm not viewing it as a negative for now. Our form went to dog shit when we tried shoehorning him, Silva, and KdB into the same side, so just maybe a new approach might be better all round ?

Even though I would prefer him in the side, as he looks a quality player to me.
I agree with you entirely on this. As much as he's a brilliant player, it did sort of change the intended dynamics of the team at that time. At best it could be a blessing in disguise, purely for a 'stable' foramtion, and at worst it will give us a better insight to how he best fits into the team.

Gundogan is the new Jack Rodwell...forever injured.
Well, since being with us he's not been 'forever' injured - certainly not much more than Kun or Kompany. It's good to know that you're a physio though - how did the PL ever manage without you?

You're coming across as a bit of an arsehole there buddy.

Show some support rather than revelling in the misfortune of one of our own.

A bit of an arsehole, slight understatement. Surely as a blue he should be supporting the lad and not writing him off. This forum is getting worse by the week

Depending on the contract of course it would be interesting at least if City offered a fee to Huddersfield to release him back to us and see which way they jump. Possible promotion versus money in hand? I suspect their fans wouldn't be happy if he came back in January.

David Wagner, the Huddersfield manager, is being linked with the Wolfsburg position. I wouldn't have been surprised if Mooy being sent there was partly due to Wagner managing the team and the style he plays. If Wagner does leave, then I think we should seriously consider recalling Mooy as we don't know who will be brought in and how that will affect his playing time/position. Similar situation to how Roberts at Celtic has had limited opportunities now that Rodgers has taken over.

Is Mooy a replacement for Gundogan? No, he is not that skilled. However he offers much more going forward than Fernando, and as he isn't crocked, so obviously offers more than Delph currently. We could do a lot worse than him to be honest, and we won't be paying overs to find a replacement in January. I think the last short term January signing who was actually a decent player was Pizarro, and I'm not sure how likely it is to find a player of similar ability, who'd be happy to be a stop gap this time round.

Or we could try and recall Nasri!

David Wagner, the Huddersfield manager, is being linked with the Wolfsburg position. I wouldn't have been surprised if Mooy being sent there was partly due to Wagner managing the team and the style he plays. If Wagner does leave, then I think we should seriously consider recalling Mooy as we don't know who will be brought in and how that will affect his playing time/position. Similar situation to how Roberts at Celtic has had limited opportunities now that Rodgers has taken over.

Is Mooy a replacement for Gundogan? No, he is not that skilled. However he offers much more going forward than Fernando, and as he isn't crocked, so obviously offers more than Delph currently. We could do a lot worse than him to be honest, and we won't be paying overs to find a replacement in January. I think the last short term January signing who was actually a decent player was Pizarro, and I'm not sure how likely it is to find a player of similar ability, who'd be happy to be a stop gap this time round.

Or we could try and recall Nasri!
Interesting about Wagner but Mooy is one of the best if not the best player in the Championship this season (in his position at least) so his playing time won't be impacted I'd have thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.