Gundogan - Back training 26th June '17

David Wagner, the Huddersfield manager, is being linked with the Wolfsburg position. I wouldn't have been surprised if Mooy being sent there was partly due to Wagner managing the team and the style he plays. If Wagner does leave, then I think we should seriously consider recalling Mooy as we don't know who will be brought in and how that will affect his playing time/position. Similar situation to how Roberts at Celtic has had limited opportunities now that Rodgers has taken over.

Is Mooy a replacement for Gundogan? No, he is not that skilled. However he offers much more going forward than Fernando, and as he isn't crocked, so obviously offers more than Delph currently. We could do a lot worse than him to be honest, and we won't be paying overs to find a replacement in January. I think the last short term January signing who was actually a decent player was Pizarro, and I'm not sure how likely it is to find a player of similar ability, who'd be happy to be a stop gap this time round.

Or we could try and recall Nasri!
we can't call him back, he is on a season long loan, Mooy that is. and i presume it;s the same for the rest of our loan players.

You can recall if different divisions, not if its prem-prem loan.
53.1.1 subject to the proviso that the duration of a Standard Loan must be the time between two Transfer Windows, Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season;

53.1.2 any recall clause requiring the early termination of a Standard Loan can only be included in a full Season Standard Loan and this can only be activated during the second (January) Transfer Window;

53.1.3 any other early termination of a Standard Loan must be by way of a mutual agreement in writing (including by way of a recall clause within the Standard Loan Agreement) between the Transferor Club, the Transferee Club and the Player but can only be completed after the expiry of 28 days and only during a Transfer Window
Read more at http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx#7UpMAZeK0TIv4mdt.99
can't find anything about it being different for different divisions.
i looked here http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx

Re loans on all our players, we've had our fingers burnt before, why don't we do 6 month deals with an option of 12 if both teams agree.

Surely it can't be that hard.

Re loans on all our players, we've had our fingers burnt before, why don't we do 6 month deals with an option of 12 if both teams agree.

I suspect the reason is that the teams taking the players on want a bit more stability than that. These loan deals have to work for both parties, so it's a balancing act.

I suspect the reason is that the teams taking the players on want a bit more stability than that. These loan deals have to work for both parties, so it's a balancing act.
Yeah but without sounding like we're billy big bollocks I'm sure we could come to some arrangement either other players or financially.

Thing is it would work both ways, lots of them don't work and I'd imagine clubs would be glad to send some players back but can't.

To be honest though, I doubt the club would want to recall him even if they were allowed to. He's having a good season in the championship but that doesn't mean he's anywhere near the standard we require right now. If he wasn't a city player I doubt anyone on here would be clambering for us to get him. Maybe he will get a chance to prove himself here but being drafted in midseason isn't the best set of circumstances for him to settle in a perform at his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.