Arsenal Post Match Thread.

It's interesting that quite a lot of 'experts' seem confused as to why some Arsenal players were out on their feet in the last half an hour. Chasing the ball for most of the game might be an answer they've not thought of yet...
Stop making sensible comments if you ever want a pundits job. Spot on though. Look how many times under Bobby it was 0 0 at half time yet we ran out convincing winners having passed a team to death

Did they really ? A misplaced Walcott header and a Bellerin shot over the bar apart from the goal, hardly backs to the wall stuff was it.
No it wasn't. We outplayed them 2nd half, but 1st half they edged it. They didn't have many chances, but their opening goal put them in control, and we were struggling to make much of an impression.

What did we do 1st half? Toure had a header from a corner, and Sterling had a diving header that went just wide. All City's pressure and significant efforts on goal came in the 2nd half. We were poor 1st half, or they were good. Whichever way you look at it, they had the edge in the 1st half.
Nope, watch again.

We outplayed them 2nd half, but 1st half they edged it.
What did they edge, other than being in front at half time ?

They didn't have the most territory, possession, nor the most passes, they had the same or very similar chances, so basically they scored we didn't, but in almost everything else (apart from media/pundit comments) they were no better than us.

No it wasn't. We outplayed them 2nd half, but 1st half they edged it. They didn't have many chances, but their opening goal put them in control, and we were struggling to make much of an impression.
One shot on target is what they had in that first half. Mind you, that was one more than they managed in the second half.

Nope, watch again.
They were either arrogant or complacent thinking they had done enough to win or not to lose when they scored so early...if you're going to concede v Arsenal than after 4 mins was the time. Gave us time to recoup and as good as we were in the 2nd half (and we were) we can say that they will not be in the title race once again. It would have been a long journey home on Sunday

Loved the 1 nil to the Arsenal chants after our second goal.....

Last edited by a moderator:
They were either arrogant or complacent thinking they had done enough to win or not to lose when they scored so early...if you're going to concede v Arsenal than after 4 mins was the time. Gave us time to recoup and as good as we were in the 2nd half (and we were) we can say that they will not be in the title race once again. It would have been a long journey home on Sunday

Loved the 1 nil to the Arsenal chants after our second goal.....

Would agree with that. They thought they'd done enough. They'll be having second thoughts now.

What did we do 1st half? Toure had a header from a corner, and Sterling had a diving header that went just wide. All City's pressure and significant efforts on goal came in the 2nd half. We were poor 1st half, or they were good. Whichever way you look at it, they had the edge in the 1st half.
We controlled the game, mate. That's what Guardiola wants, his teams controlling the game. Obviously, he wants us to control it in the way we did in the second rather than the first half.

We controlled the game, mate. That's what Guardiola wants, his teams controlling the game. Obviously, he wants us to control it in the way we did in the second rather than the first half.

Got to echo this and what @cleavers and @SWP's back have said. We were far the better side, in both halves.

After the game I thought we'd dominated both halves and Arsenal scored off their only chance. Never seen a Wenger team sit so deep and have so little of the ball.

I heard a load of comments from rag mates and media saying "game of two halves" and Arsenal were the better team in the first half. So I decided to watch it back to make sure my eyes weren't decieving me.

Sure enough, on second play, we dominated them in both halves, just like I thought! There was a stat on screen after 20 minutes saying the ball had been in Arsenal's third for 40% of the time and in our third 10% of the time. If that's not dominating, then I don't know what is! Neville even said City are dominating.

20 minutes later, with the game following a similar pattern, Neville and Tyler started saying Arsenal had dominated the half and City had been poor! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I'm not one for conspiracies, but either Neville got out the wrong side of bed, or he was being "encouraged" by his Producer to big up Arsenal.

Another stat flashed up after about 70 ninutes that showed Cech had made 33 passes - more than any other Arsenal player. Now if that's not a sign that they've been dicked for the whole game, I'd love to see one.

I think that's the problem with your casual football fan, they don't pay too much attention, they rely on the commentstors to analyse the game for them. The rest of the media picks up on it, amd so the narrative of the game becomes Arsenal battered us first half and we scored 2 offside goals in the second.

If you actually watch the game without commentary and look at what actually happened, we dominated both halves, Arsenal scored off their only shot on goal, they forced 1 corner and had 39% of the ball. We absolutely battered them from beginning to end. The only difference in the second half is we had more of a cutting edge.

Got to echo this and what @cleavers and @SWP's back have said. We were far the better side, in both halves.

After the game I thought we'd dominated both halves and Arsenal scored off their only chance. Never seen a Wenger team sit so deep and have so little of the ball.

I heard a load of comments from rag mates and media saying "game of two halves" and Arsenal were the better team in the first half. So I decided to watch it back to make sure my eyes weren't decieving me.

Sure enough, on second play, we dominated them in both halves, just like I thought! There was a stat on screen after 20 minutes saying the ball had been in Arsenal's third for 40% of the time and in our third 10% of the time. If that's not dominating, then I don't know what is! Neville even said City are dominating.

20 minutes later, with the game following a similar pattern, Neville and Tyler started saying Arsenal had dominated the half and City had been poor! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I'm not one for conspiracies, but either Neville got out the wrong side of bed, or he was being "encouraged" by his Producer to big up Arsenal.

Another stat flashed up after about 70 ninutes that showed Cech had made 33 passes - more than any other Arsenal player. Now if that's not a sign that they've been dicked for the whole game, I'd love to see one.

I think that's the problem with your casual football fan, they don't pay too much attention, they rely on the commentstors to analyse the game for them. The rest of the media picks up on it, amd so the narrative of the game becomes Arsenal battered us first half and we scored 2 offside goals in the second.

If you actually watch the game without commentary and look at what actually happened, we dominated both halves, Arsenal scored off their only shot on goal, they forced 1 corner and had 39% of the ball. We absolutely battered them from beginning to end. The only difference in the second half is we had more of a cutting edge.
as me old granny used to say

FUCKING BINGO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.