Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Well as an armchair fan these days, I have probably been one of the more vocal posters at the start of this thread insisting we were all over them in both halves.

I also fought a lonely battle saying the same at half time in the match thread when the majority were saying we were shite and Pep was clueless.
You weren't that lonely.

The majority who went know we dominated, those listening to Tyler and Neville believe we were poor first half.
I've been told it was a poor game and both sides were shite, obviously by a rag who listens to talk sport. He probably didn't watch the game ffs!!

All depends on who you end up listening too mate, I'm guessing in Qatar it wasn't Tyler?
I've the option of both. I went with Tyler and Neville but (most unlike me) I spend the whole time swearing at them and telling them they are wrong.

I'm not easily led.

Well as an armchair fan these days, I have probably been one of the more vocal posters at the start of this thread insisting we were all over them in both halves.

I also fought a lonely battle saying the same at half time in the match thread when the majority were saying we were shite and Pep was clueless.

I wonder how many are influenced by negative commentary? The mood around me in the stadium at half time wasn't that bad. Not that many grumbles, most seemed to think that we had played well and were hopeful for the second half. Albeit still quite a lot of concern about the defence. I heard the phrase "If we can stop them scoring again...." or words to that effect a few times.

I was there and thought we had done ok first half. Was surprised when a mate messaged me to say he thought Arsenal controlled the first half (he was watching on Sky).

I wonder how many are influenced by negative commentary? The mood around me in the stadium at half time wasn't that bad. Not that many grumbles, most seemed to think that we had played well and were hopeful for the second half. Albeit still quite a lot of concern about the defence. I heard the phrase "If we can stop them scoring again...." or words to that effect a few times.
I have noted a few people on here pick up on stuff that Tyler and Neville chose to highlight as if they had observed it for themselves. Kev's failure to track back on their goal being one of them. Neville harped n about atmosphere playing to the RAG agenda - never hear him mention that elsewhere... more importantly the ebb and flow of the game is never reflected in the tone of the commentators. A pass to the edge of the box by them was greeted with hysterics, we were continually around their box and they barely raised a mutter. I am not a Neville hater but as a co- commentator I think his bias was clearly showing. If I have to watch by stream now I deliberately look for a foreign channel to avoid commentator influence. So much of it is subliminal it could turn you to the dark side ;-)

Although we went in at half time a goal down, I thought that we had been playing some good football and although not 100% confident that we would turn it around 2nd half I was optimistic.
Well, as soon as Sane scored I thought that there was only going to be one winner and it wasn't going to be the goons!
What a way to win it! The unbelievable cross from De Bruyne to Sterling who more than made up for his missed header in the first half,showing great determination and desire to score a wonderful goal. Happy days!
As my mate said "We were good in the first half, brilliant in the second!).

My feeling at half time was that the 2nd half would either be a re-run of Barca or they would pick us off again like Chelsea. Roughly equal probability of both outcomes. I thought we were playing quite fluently and expected us to create chances, but wasn't confident of keeping them out. I didnt expect the score to stay as it was, but couldnt predict which way the game would pan out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.