Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played very well in 2nd half v arse.

If we are going to challenge for the league and cl he will not be mobile enough now. Players run off him so easily. Cannot sprint anymore. People love him I know, and most don't care what happens off the ball. If he passes 99 times accurately from 100 it's a great stat. But please no, not another contract. He has taken the piss for two years now. 2 stone overweight until guardiola pulled the plug.
Use him when needed as he has used us.

Completely disagree with the can't sprint and players running off him statement. He's been making tackles and moving much, much faster. Effective in the counter pressing against Arsenal.

Obviously he's not going to be first choice in an ideal world, but he just get's what Pep wants with the ball, he moves it so quickly. Much like Bravo vs. Hart, it's not just the number and accuracy of passes that sets him apart, it's which pass he picks and the speed he makes that decision.

If we're going to win anything this season, he'll be a huge part of it now Gundogan is out.

And if he wants to stay around for another year he'd still make a brilliant squad player on a reduced contract. If Seluk pipes up, or acts like a twat in the build up to a potential new contract then pull the offer and say goodbye.

Of course I agree he is an incredibly accurate passer. Not of the defends splitting goal creating type of Silva, or the amazing assist type of Dr bruyne.
His passes are that of a top class continuity type, important to a team .
Please watch again in the 4th minute as bellegrin runs forward. Toure is behind the ball and jogs back 80 yds.
Never getting near the play. When I hear talk of world class makes me embarrassed really. When I hear rumours of a new contract makes me quite sad.
I watched the match back this morning and stopped counting backward passes at 60. Not necessarily a critiscm only an observation.

Of course I agree he is an incredibly accurate passer. Not of the defends splitting goal creating type of Silva, or the amazing assist type of Dr bruyne.

I disagree. His passing skills are at least equal to those of Silva and de Bruyne. I would say he has a wider range of passes to split the defence than Silva. De Bruyne makes a number of loose passes. Even relatively straightforward ones. Yaya is more accurate, even when making the Hollywood passes. A world class passer of the ball, IMO.

I disagree. His passing skills are at least equal to those of Silva and de Bruyne. I would say he has a wider range of passes to split the defence than Silva. De Bruyne makes a number of loose passes. Even relatively straightforward ones. Yaya is more accurate, even when making the Hollywood passes. A world class passer of the ball, IMO.

He's also the best at breaking a parked defence. How often does he play a 1-2 on the edge of the area, or some how find a way to poke a ball through to Aguero in the box?

In those games when we're knocking on the door for an hour and getting nothing, for the last 5 years it's been Yaya who is involved in breaking it more often than anyone else.

I would be pretty confident in saying that with Yaya we win the Everton, Southampton and Middlesborough games.

And that's his fault for not apologising soon enough, no one else, but going forwards we will need him.

Out of interest do you think yaya has any weakness. I would be interested in your reply.

His passes are that of a top class continuity type, important to a team .
Please watch again in the 4th minute as bellegrin runs forward. Toure is behind the ball and jogs back 80 yds.
Never getting near the play. When I hear talk of world class makes me embarrassed really. When I hear rumours of a new contract makes me quite sad.
I watched the match back this morning and stopped counting backward passes at 60. Not necessarily a critiscm only an observation.
Did you take note of the piss poor attempt at covering a run by KdB for the Arse goal?

As for being embarrassed, well that's your prerogative. I personally don't see him as that any more, but it doesn't embarrass me.

I personally have him down as an all round better passer than Silva. However, KdB is a different story, as that fucker is ludicrously adept at finding players in dangerous areas - he's sold his soul that lad!

Did you take note of the piss poor attempt at covering a run by KdB for the Arse goal?

As for being embarrassed, well that's your prerogative. I personally don't see

him as that any more, but it doesn't embarrass me.

I personally have him down as an all round better passer than Silva. However, KdB is a different story, as that fucker is ludicrously adept at finding players in dangerous areas - he's sold his soul that lad!

Yes it was piss poor by Kdb. Switched off when keeper collected the ball.

You not think yaya has any weaknesses either?

Out of interest do you think yaya has any weakness. I would be interested in your reply.

I think you are confusing me with being a fanboy or someone who hasn't actually watched him play on many occasions.

He has his faults. He's poor in the air (considering his size) and he doesn't track runners a lot of the time, for starters. To be honest, I probably would not have him in our strongest xi.

Maybe forums are not for you if you cannot accept opinions that are different to your own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.