Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has definitely got inside his head and spelt things out to him,i cant imagine its anyone other than Pep given he's the only new factor in the equation - irrespective,it's brilliant to witness this total change of attitude and outlook.

At this rate,i'm in danger of finding some affection for the man.

Whoa ........no need to be hasty . One swallow and all that !

Yaya Touré: "I will give 100 per cent for this club, for these fans. These fans are the only ones who sing my name."

Yaya Touré: "The fans at this club are the ones who always sing my name, give this happiness to the family. If I can do more, I will do it."

Yaya Touré: "When I signed for City, I came to make history. I want this club to change, I want this club to be bigger than United."

He's better when somebody has him gripped firmly by the balls imo - well done Pep .

After just four games back into the side with a refreshed attitude it's too early to be talking about him staying longer. At his age we must be thinking of using his reported 200k per week elsewhere. I sincerely hope he can run into form for the next few games but given his past if we offer a longer stay too soon I suspect he will return to type. This is the mistake we have made with others in the past, and ended up with players on long term contracts who we have to pay to move on. I like his new stance,I really do, but seriously Yaya do it for three months then we can talk!

That sentiment doesn't work in the real world because he's free to start negotiating with other clubs from January 1st. If the club do want him to stay on at all, they have to get the ball rolling now, not in March as it will be too late to suddenly decide he should stay then.

I don't think he will, but I'd be completely behind the club putting a lower pay, 1 year contract on the table. He's not worth 200+ thousand a week, he's going have a smaller role, but if he wants to stick around as a squad player and be part of the Pep journey then great.

Say what you want about him off the pitch

But on the pitch this season he is a man reborn. Sure it's just a penalty goal, but as we have seen this season, it's easy to miss. Whenever I see Yaya step up - confidence ensues.
Just from his goals, we've gotten 6pts this season.
Passing is crisp as always, spraying the ball around, connecting attack and defense.
This season some added defensive work has been shown too.

Good man, worked hard, 100% penalty record in PL continues & nicely worked for the last goal. Didn't think we'd see him back performing at this level, but have to give him credit for getting in shape and helping the team out.

Always feel confident when he steps up for a penalty.
Yeah I'm always about to shit myself before a City pen but despite it was 0-0 in the 72 minute and we were playing shit I wasn't even nervous. I just knew that he'd score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.