Yaya Toure - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also the best at breaking a parked defence. How often does he play a 1-2 on the edge of the area, or some how find a way to poke a ball through to Aguero in the box?

In those games when we're knocking on the door for an hour and getting nothing, for the last 5 years it's been Yaya who is involved in breaking it more often than anyone else.

I would be pretty confident in saying that with Yaya we win the Everton, Southampton and Middlesborough games.

And that's his fault for not apologising soon enough, no one else, but going forwards we will need him.

Indeed. More times than I can remember.

Yaya Touré: "I will give 100 per cent for this club, for these fans. These fans are the only ones who sing my name."

Yaya Touré: "The fans at this club are the ones who always sing my name, give this happiness to the family. If I can do more, I will do it."

Yaya Touré: "When I signed for City, I came to make history. I want this club to change, I want this club to be bigger than United."

Seems like a complete 180 by Yaya considering the start of the season, eh?

As long as he stays bossing the midfield, I'll be happy with Yaya.

Yes it was piss poor by Kdb. Switched off when keeper collected the ball.

You not think yaya has any weaknesses either?
Every single player has weaknesses - no exceptions. Yaya's main one is his inability to work hard off the ball. However, I do feel that far too much is made of that (and far too much of that by our own fans, opposition fans love him), and his pros far outweigh his cons.

Someone has definitely got inside his head and spelt things out to him,i cant imagine its anyone other than Pep given he's the only new factor in the equation - irrespective,it's brilliant to witness this total change of attitude and outlook.

At this rate,i'm in danger of finding some affection for the man.

Yaya Touré: "I will give 100 per cent for this club, for these fans. These fans are the only ones who sing my name."

Yaya Touré: "The fans at this club are the ones who always sing my name, give this happiness to the family. If I can do more, I will do it."

Yaya Touré: "When I signed for City, I came to make history. I want this club to change, I want this club to be bigger than United."

Someone is doing some serious damage control. First shutting up his agent and now out with this. If he keeps playing how he is currently then I'm sure all will be forgiven.

I think you are confusing me with being a fanboy or someone who hasn't actually watched him play on many occasions.

He has his faults. He's poor in the air (considering his size) and he doesn't track runners a lot of the time, for starters. To be honest, I probably would
not have him in our strongest xi.

Maybe forums are not for you if you cannot accept opinions that are different to your own.

I was genuinely interested in your reply.
It was fair enough.
But if asking your opinion is a problem sorry for that.

Too little, too late. Play out of your skin by all means, but as a person, you've done your damage.

After just four games back into the side with a refreshed attitude it's too early to be talking about him staying longer. At his age we must be thinking of using his reported 200k per week elsewhere. I sincerely hope he can run into form for the next few games but given his past if we offer a longer stay too soon I suspect he will return to type. This is the mistake we have made with others in the past, and ended up with players on long term contracts who we have to pay to move on. I like his new stance,I really do, but seriously Yaya do it for three months then we can talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.