Arsenal Post Match Thread.

I was there and thought we had done ok first half. Was surprised when a mate messaged me to say he thought Arsenal controlled the first half (he was watching on Sky).
Yeah I had the same. A mate from Moston text me at half time saying we were shite and weren't in the game.

We had a quick text argument with me saying he was talking bollocks.

But if the match thread is still around then check it out. Posters were saying Arsenal could as many as they wanted.

It's madness. What was telling was applause and no boos at half time.

Yeah I had the same. A mate from Moston text me at half time saying we were shite and weren't in the game.

We had a quick text argument with me saying he was talking bollocks.

But if the match thread is still around then check it out. Posters were saying Arsenal could as many as they wanted.

It's madness. What was telling was applause and no boos at half time.

I've just had a look and it's gone but i did look in the pre match thread from 3pm and fuck me we've some fannies supporting us!!

I'll be honest, i was worried regarding Zab and especially Clichy, as i'd have prefered Maffeo and Angelino,but some comments in that thread are ridiculous!! Arsenal to get 4 ffs!!

Glad the match day thread is unavailable to be honest, can just imagine some of the comments in it.

I have noted a few people on here pick up on stuff that Tyler and Neville chose to highlight as if they had observed it for themselves. Kev's failure to track back on their goal being one of them. Neville harped n about atmosphere playing to the RAG agenda - never hear him mention that elsewhere... more importantly the ebb and flow of the game is never reflected in the tone of the commentators. A pass to the edge of the box by them was greeted with hysterics, we were continually around their box and they barely raised a mutter. I am not a Neville hater but as a co- commentator I think his bias was clearly showing. If I have to watch by stream now I deliberately look for a foreign channel to avoid commentator influence. So much of it is subliminal it could turn you to the dark side ;-)

Agreed. Tyler sounded like someone had just shit on his sandwiches when Sane scored. I got to the car on Sunday, and was quite surprised at how the likes of Ian Wright kept going on about how poor we were in the first half. If they had said good approach play but not enough chances, then I guess I could agree to that.

Then on MNF, they repeat the same mantra with bells on it.

Opening gambit from Carragher "City won't win the league, not with that defence" he whined. He schreeched several times how Arsenal should have and any decent team would have, destroyed us in the second half because of all the space behind the defence!

Then Neville spends the next five or so minutes psycho-analysing why Arsenal were 'tired' including the bizarre concept that it was because they travelled back to London, near Outer Mongolia, and they were fatigued. He came up with even more reasons including saying they were lazy. Not once did he mention the possibility that City might have ran the legs off them in the first half, and the second was a possible consequence of that!!!

Weird? Yes. Biased? Without a doubt.

Opening gambit from Carragher "City won't win the league, not with that defence" he whined. He schreeched several times how Arsenal should have and any decent team would have, destroyed us in the second half because of all the space behind the defence!

Then Neville spends the next five or so minutes psycho-analysing why Arsenal were 'tired' including the bizarre concept that it was because they travelled back to London, near Outer Mongolia, and they were fatigued. He came up with even more reasons including saying they were lazy. Not once did he mention the possibility that City might have ran the legs off them in the first half, and the second was a possible consequence of that!!!

The semi-literate, incomprehensible Carragher might have said that but what he meant was probably "I hope to fuck City don't win the title with that defence!"

As for Gary Nutter he's just a failed manager! Nuff said. Talk the talk all day long but give him the manager's job and he'll shit the shit 24/7.

I've just had a look and it's gone but i did look in the pre match thread from 3pm and fuck me we've some fannies supporting us!!

I'll be honest, i was worried regarding Zab and especially Clichy, as i'd have prefered Maffeo and Angelino,but some comments in that thread are ridiculous!! Arsenal to get 4 ffs!!

Glad the match day thread is unavailable to be honest, can just imagine some of the comments in it.

To some extent its understandable because there's a general lack of confidence in our defence. At half time, the prospect of Arsenal scoring 4 wasnt any more unreal than if someone had said at half time in the Chelsea game that they would score 3. Or, at the start of the Leicester game, someone predicting that they would be 3 up after 20 mins.

Agreed. Tyler sounded like someone had just shit on his sandwiches when Sane scored. I got to the car on Sunday, and was quite surprised at how the likes of Ian Wright kept going on about how poor we were in the first half. If they had said good approach play but not enough chances, then I guess I could agree to that.

Then on MNF, they repeat the same mantra with bells on it.

I agree his tone when we scored wasn't exactly cheerful but he was pretty much the same when Walcott scored.

The semi-literate, incomprehensible Carragher might have said that but what he meant was probably "I hope to fuck City don't win the title with that defence!"

As for Gary Nutter he's just a failed manager! Nuff said. Talk the talk all day long but give him the manager's job and he'll shit the shit 24/7.

Whilst conveniently forgetting the not inconsiderable limitations of his own team's defence.

Excluding headers and throw-ins, Arsenal only made 3 passes in our half in the first 20 minutes of the second half.

Better team over 90 mins, better team in first half (just) much better for most of second half.
However,as I saw it, the last 10mins were mostly Arsenal and although we did well on the counter I thought that was by far their best period and they were better than us I that 10min spell. But can't see anyone (I'll be honest I've not read every post) mentioning this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.