Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Invisible Goat. It's about having our cake and eating it too. Develop youth but also buy superstars.

Exactly. We are in a position to splash the cash regularly so lets do it. People who seem to be embarrassed by it or say we lose credibility when we spend pots of money are a strange breed.
I have waited years for us to be in a position to compete with the big boys so I say bring it on.

Exactly. We are in a position to splash the cash regularly so lets do it. People who seem to be embarrassed by it or say we lose credibility when we spend pots of money are a strange breed.
I have waited years for us to be in a position to compete with the big boys so I say bring it on.
I know and understand what you say but like it or not we can have no more than 17 such players (unless we can find another four such superstars from the English and Welsh game). These are the rules and are applicable to all EPL clubs regardless of status. Using a buy anyone policy, we then have the problem of moving on players who may be on long and expensive contracts. This will always be a problem, as we saw last Summer, and though you might accept a 'so what' attitude towards players you may have previously idolised until a new flavour of he day player emerged on YouTube, the City Management team will have to treat people properly otherwise new players will be deferred from joining us.

I'm with Invisible Goat. It's about having our cake and eating it too. Develop youth but also buy superstars.

I'm with @domalino here. It's too late for Sanchez now unless Aguero is shipped out and honestly I'm fine with that. Sanchez is a better fit for this system. I would have agreed with you this summer when Aubmeyang and (?) Sanchez we're available. We totally shit the bed spunking 100 million of the 150 war chest on Stones, Gundogan, and Bravo if you ask me. I was pissed at the time and even more so now.

I'm with @domalino here. It's too late for Sanchez now unless Aguero is shipped out and honestly I'm fine with that. Sanchez is a better fit for this system. I would have agreed with you this summer when Aubmeyang and (?) Sanchez we're available. We totally shit the bed spunking 100 million of the 150 war chest on Stones, Gundogan, and Bravo if you ask me. I was pissed at the time and even more so now.
I love Sergio but if we could get top dollar for him this summer and replace him with Sanchez, Aubameyang or Griezmann, I'd be inclined to do it.

Stones 47m, Bravo 13.75m, Gundogin 18-20m - Somewhat short of your quoted 100m -

Surely this doesn't need explaining, if you've bothered to read my comments? Nolito doesn't mind sitting on the bench, so they can play when it suits them, or we can use Nolito's experience. Sanchez will demand to play every game, like Aguero, and like Sanchez already does at Arsenal. So you can't play the kids at all because Sanchez and Aguero both have to start, leaving 3 kids fighting for 1 place each week.

Guardiola doesn't believe that and has never said it. If he did believe it he wouldn't have binned Henry for 20 year old Pedro, or Yaya for Busquets.

We don't have to wait 5 years for them to come of age either, that's just bullshit and everyone knows it. In two years, Sané will be 23 and Sterling 24, and they'll want to be at a club where they play every week. Meanwhile Sanchez will be 31 and still expect to start every week.

We made a deliberate choice to buy the next generation of world class players. England, Germany and Brazil's biggest attacking talents all joined in the summer, and we spent big to get them before the likes of Bayern/Barcelona/Real did and they became unavailable.

So if we've already made that decision to get the next generation, deciding we actually need a 29 year old for another £50+m and then losing the next generation because we played Sanchez into his 30's would be a massive failure in the transfer market.

If we had to have someone of Sanchez's level now, or next season, we should never have been spending £130m on the kids.
This is spot on

Sterling, Jesus and Sane will be one of the most feared front lines in 2/3 years time (with Ihenacho as well)

Plus we should have the next wave of youth coming through with Brahim, Sancho and Foden

The only way we would be in for Sanchez would be as a replacement for Aguero as the senior striker if we sell him in the summer

Agree with this, unless of course we decide that Sergio is surplus to requirements.

That would be the only scenario imo.

We just dont need another player like this fighting it out for already limited spots and its been shown this season, you cant shoehorn players in if it means we lose the balance in the side (Merlin, Ilkay and Kevin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.