FA Cup attendances

City did not get a 14000 crowd in in 1985 in any league game. The lowest league crowd we got in the entire 80s was 15000 v Millwall and I think possibly a similar attendance v Leicester ( off top of my head) think outv lowest crowd in the 85-86 season was 18/1900.
You're interesting at maths.

My tongue in cheek post of yesterday appears to have given rise to a degree of confusion and so in order to assist those having difficultly grasping its meaning:

1. We used to have a Chairman called Peter Swales.

2. Peter Swales wasn't an entirely honest individual.

3. Evidence to support 2. (ante) includes routinely misdeclaring attendances, presumably in order to 'skim' the gate receipts.

4. The most notable example of 3. (ante) was the Charlton promotion game in 1985.

5. The 30,000 figure was an exaggeration, deployed for comedic effect( eg 250,000 at York away). This is a fairly well-established method designed to provide faint levels of amusement, unsuccessfully on this occasion.

City did not get a 14000 crowd in in 1985 in any league game. The lowest league crowd we got in the entire 80s was 15000 v Millwall and I think possibly a similar attendance v Leicester ( off top of my head) think outv lowest crowd in the 85-86 season was 18/1900.

Read again -

in '88, the crowd was 44,000, some 30,000 less than we got for a league game three years earlier
Aka the game in 1985 had 74,000.

My tongue in cheek post of yesterday appears to have given rise to a degree of confusion and so in order to assist those having difficultly grasping its meaning:

1. We used to have a Chairman called Peter Swales.

2. Peter Swales wasn't an entirely honest individual.

3. Evidence to support 2. (ante) includes routinely misdeclaring attendances, presumably in order to 'skim' the gate receipts.

4. The most notable example of 3. (ante) was the Charlton promotion game in 1985.

5. The 30,000 figure was an exaggeration, deployed for comedic effect( eg 250,000 at York away). This is a fairly well-established method designed to provide faint levels of amusement, unsuccessfully on this occasion.

York away was 350,000.........FACT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.