West Ham 2016/17

Snodgrass? Really? He looks good because he's the best player in a Championship squad, but he's really not all that.

I don't think that the current arrangement will really benefit either party in the long term to be honest. Any future investment in the stadium would need to come from the taxpayer but that's just not going to happen and without that investment, West Ham are stuck with what they've currently got. Remember this is a very long lease and over the course of the next few decades, other clubs will develop and expand their corporate facilities, etc. but West Ham can't do this under the current arrangement. They don't get any of the income from non-football events either and they have to hand over a percentage of all future stadium naming rights. If the club is sold, the taxpayer gets a sizeable piece of the profit.

i dont think we'll be needing to expand, its a lush 60,000 seater... far more than we can of dreamed of than had we stayed at Upton Park

Snodgrass? Really? He looks good because he's the best player in a Championship squad, but he's really not all that.

Pleased with this, creative, deadly left foot and can take set pieces - No one is going to replace Payet, but if we can get a few additions like this out of his fee i'll be happy.

Pleased with this, creative, deadly left foot and can take set pieces - No one is going to replace Payet, but if we can get a few additions like this out of his fee i'll be happy.

Agree with you He is a good player who creates and scores goals from midfield

i dont think we'll be needing to expand, its a lush 60,000 seater... far more than we can of dreamed of than had we stayed at Upton Park

I wasn't talking about expanding the capacity, more the corporate facilities, stadium infrastructure, etc. When you look at what Spurs are planning with their new stadium it shows how much stadium design has moved on even since the last new ground was built.

The government / London council and West Ham have only themselves to blame. All three had the perfect blue print of what to do successfully by following Manchester's plan for the 2002 Commonwealth Games.

That would have meant getting rid of the running track though, which was never an option with the Olympic Stadium.

I wasn't talking about expanding the capacity, more the corporate facilities, stadium infrastructure, etc. When you look at what Spurs are planning with their new stadium it shows how much stadium design has moved on even since the last new ground was built.

Im not quite sure what more facility's we would require

Not often you see clubs publishing figures for transfer fees, usually undiclosed & in our case left to the inflation of Sky & the BBC!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.