pronunciation of "Jesus"

Somebody needs to inform both northwest tv networks, Richard Askam (BBC) and Chris Hall(Granada) still call him hesus.Its annoying.

Perhaps the Beeb should start calling Mourinho "Hose-ay" Mourinho. It's the same Portugese J as in Jesus, is it not?

I can only imagine how Louis van Gaal felt, having the BBC pronounce his name wrongly, by everyone, every time, on every broadcast. :-)

Plenty people say David Silva with our pronunciation of David.

I can honestly say I have never heard ANYONE call David Silva "Day-vid" Silva, however.

Well that cock of a journo that hates us just mispronounced it!
What a knob!

Perhaps the Beeb should start calling Mourinho "Hose-ay" Mourinho. It's the same Portugese J as in Jesus, is it not?

I can only imagine how Louis van Gaal felt, having the BBC pronounce his name wrongly, by everyone, every time, on every broadcast. :-)

I can honestly say I have never heard ANYONE call David Silva "Day-vid" Silva, however.

Do you mean Dabid Silba?

Leaving aside the pronunciation issue, I'm surprised there isn't a thread asking this question: "Where would we be in the league, had G. Jesus come over after the Olympics (not after Xmas?)"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.