Summer Transfers

I don't think there is a better ball player than Bonucci.

Bonucci for me would bring a Conte style leadership to the team, the man has so much experience at the very highest level.

29 is middle aged for a defender and a baby as an Italian.

Bonucci is one of the top 5 defenders in the business as well, a serial winner, leader, and would educate Stones ten-fold.
No he is not one of the tip 5 defenders in the business.
He wins a lot coz he plays for the best team in Italy.
He is not really a leader. Why people ascribe this to him I don't know.

He is however a very good ball playing CB. But not special by any stretch of the imagination as a leader or outright defender

No he is not one of the tip 5 defenders in the business.
He wins a lot coz he plays for the best team in Italy.
He is not really a leader. Why people ascribe this to him I don't know.

He is however a very good ball playing CB. But not special by any stretch of the imagination as a leader or outright defender

Bonucci is easily top 5. He'd get into any top team

Hummels
Ramos
Chiellini
Thiago Silva
Godin
Vinny
Varane
Pique
Barzagli

All better for me tbh.

Take your blue tinted glasses off. Vinnie struggles to play 5 games a season, varane ain't better and neither is barzagli and Thiago silva imo

Top 5:
Godin
Boateng
Pique
Chiellini
Bonucci

Not in order

Hummels
Ramos
Chiellini
Thiago Silva
Godin
Vinny
Varane
Pique
Barzagli

All better for me tbh.

Varane,Vinny,Chiellini,Silva ahead of Bonucci? LOOOOL
Varane is an overrated player, hasn't lived up to the hype and 3rd choice CB for Madrid.Madrid fans thinks he hasn't improved much since Jose left.Some even prefer Nacho ahead of him.
Vinny is always injured
Silva is another overrated player. Gets exposed in UCL every year.
Chiellini can't even get into the italy XI ahead of Bonucci.
Barzagli plays as a RB in their new 4231 formation.Bonucci-Chiellini first choice CBs for Juve.

Bonucci clearly top 5 CB itw

Pique
Ramos
Godin
Bonucci
Hummels
(In No order)

Last edited:
Again it depends on what you want in a CB. Granted he seems like he'd be a good for for our philosophy.

This season there are multiple defenders I'll take over Bonucci.

Including
Van Dijk
Kolcieny
Alderwereld
Ramos
Pique
Marqhuinos
Sockratis
Godin
Fazio
Hummels
Javi Martinez
Hubner
Chiriches
Perrin

Just to name a few CBs having far superior seasons to Bonnuci. And that also includes the often deemed Overrated Thiago Silva.

The point here is this, Bonnuci isn't having an exceptional season at Juventuss himself.

Although Bonucci's status as a top CB has skyrocketed since Pep's complimentary comments about him last year. It should be noted that Pep is often extremely complimentary of players he likes. This doesn't automatically make them special.

I keep asking folks to point in the direction of a dominant Bonucci game. Where he pretty much dominated. I'm still yet to find one.
He is a great touch passer, a defender with the passing range and technique of an an accomplished midfielder. But he is not uniquely outstanding as a defender.

I'd rank him somewhere slightly behind Mustafi/Vertogen as a defender. Good but not special. The passing is special, but no one is going gaga over Vlad Chiriches who actually is a superior passer and probably a better defender.

Unfortunately for Vlad, Pep didn't shower him with an oversized compliment before his team had to play him.

Nothing against Bonnuci, good player, and would probably fit sweetly in our passing out of the back system, but all the talk about bringing leadership and defensive solidity or organizing is just a bit of a stretch if you ask me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.