General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now whatever your persuasion - unless you are a serious LibDem supporter obviously - I am sure some pleasure could come from seeing this happen:

Tim Farron and Nick Clegg face losing their seats in Lib Dem election humiliation

http://uk.businessinsider.com/tim-f...-seats-in-lib-dem-election-humiliation-2017-5
One mouthwatering snippet from the Sky link tells us that Tony Blair could also lose his Sedgefield seat.
The prospect of seeing Farron finally burst into tears, after looking like he's filling up all the time, then that
arsehole Clegg, who still lectures everyone that they didn't know what they were voting for, getting spanked,
would be a joy to behold.

Considering Tony Blair hasn't been an MP since 2007, I find this somewhat unlikely.
Ah, my mistake, should be Blair's old seat. Still, symbolically, losing this one after so long, (remember the euphoria
in the local labour club when he first won?) the loss would be devastating if it came to pass.

My response to a thread with over 100 pages....

VOTE for NONE OF THE ABOVE

3 main parties can suck it .... All have terrible records. It's time to give someone else a go.

Have an infrastructure like they do in the Netherlands. High taxes but a brilliant flawless system. Oh and legalise cannabis whilst taxing it. Will raise over hundreds of millions dollars. Good for economy. Legalise prostitution and tax it. Done
Looks like Tim Farron was reading.

I think Labour would have a far better chance of re election if they erred towards the more moderate approach of Mr Blairs old new labour.
The damage however is complete and the dye has been firmly cast.
It matter little how Corbyn conducts himself when he has his very own Baldrick in tow to fook things up.
He does come across as a very genuine caring fellah and I wish him luck in all he does because he displays a more human approach than most ever could.

Sadly some of his policies do not wash with the sensible and his views particularly on trident and advocation a a multilataral disarmament strategy greatly alarm me.

I do not know who I will vote for this time and you may if you wish call me a floater.
Is the fix for our country to simply borrow our way out of perceived holes and in doing so create mountains of debt.
Or is it the duty of our government to budget accordingly and maintain a status quo.
I truly think the worst thing to ever come out of Labour was Mrs Abbot.
I would not employ her as our call handler.
That is all .

Ah, my mistake, should be Blair's old seat. Still, symbolically, losing this one after so long, (remember the euphoria
in the local labour club when he first won?) the loss would be devastating if it came to pass.
Is it currently held by Labour?

Edit: Ah a Mr Philip Wilson MP. Significant in any case if they do lose it.

Some people have so much money because they have put themselves in that position. A CEO earning £3m per year at a successful company ends up working for nearly two and a half days "for free" with income tax how it is at present. Do you not think they are already paying "their fair share"?

They would argue only so many have the skill or ability or training or experience to do their job whilst the cleaner they employ or low level analyst could be replaced with ease.

To take it back to football, there are only so many players in the PL and they get paid the most, but few bemoan one player getting paid in a year 3x the amount of all the players combined in the Conference. That is because people understand talent in football, but don't have the same view of business.
Well they would argue that wouldn't they? I'm sure someone would do the CEO job for £2m. Let's face it, most workers think the bosses don't know what they're doing, except for rewarding themselves beyond their ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.