General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason, I believe, is because manifesto pledges that are then put into place once the winning party
gains power, can not be rejected by the Lords, whilst policies formed in government that were not manifesto based
are subject to endless scrutiny, which we've seen lately.
Prior to this announcement the starting point for payments for care costs were around £23,000, I've not checked, but they
probably still are. I have personal, and distressing, experience of this whole process, in that my mother, who suffered from
vascular dementia, had to live with me,who was then working, and was cared for by my wife, who was not, and still isn't,
in the best of health. This happened over a period of 3 years, until, doubly incontinent, raving and suffering intense distress,
she had to go into a care home. All her, and my late father's money, around £50,000, was quickly used up, then I was contacted
by the care home and council about any other assets, so her bungalow, worth £165,000 at the time was put up for sale.
Knowing this would happen, I had managed to arrange a 'Deed of variation' a complicated procedure that effectively gave me 50%
of the house, so this was safe, but the other half quickly went.
So, in essence, if you're in a care home, your assets will get used to fund it, the Tories proposition, however, would mean you
get to keep £100,000 of those assets.
It's been badly presented though, but if anyone can tell me what Labour proposes, or how it will find funding for this,
I'd be interested.
I agree with all of this - I actually knew about the manifesto/Lords issue and commented on it the other day - I worded it badly - I really meant it as a judgement call i.e. I would have expected her not to put something so 'sensitive' in this manifesto - because it is all about Brexit and getting the sufficient majority to railroad things through and avoid all the machinations that we have seen since June.

I think that she has gotten carried away with all the polls showing her steamrolling the election so she has decided to put in some of the policies that she would not have done had the polls been showing a tight result - fucking stupid IMO.

Whist I hate the social care policy announced - the fact that it is actually better than the current situation has experiences that we have both had have evidenced means that it has been very badly managed - there has been some arrogance/contempt somewhere

Whether there is support or not is not the point, I'm sure there are many in this country who would not care a jot if we just gave the Falklands and Gibraltar to their respective neighbouring countries. As for Ireland well Ireland has no right to determine the future of Northern Ireland, whether that is by means of terrorism or not, it is completely irrelevant.

The point in all of this is we should be asking if Northern Ireland wants to remain a part of us and they do overwhelmingly which suggests we should defend their right to choose. The IRA sought to take away the right of those people to make a self determination by means of violence, we went to war with Argentina over the exact same thing and we would do so with Spain too over Gibraltar if it came to it.

Those who support a United Ireland or the IRA or anyone of that faction is directly opposing the rights of your fellow countrymen, rights people have died to protect. Corbyns failure to outright condemn the IRA shows that he is quite simply unwilling to defend the rights of the people he would be charged with protecting.

He has only shown that if this country was attacked he would not retaliate albeit because he is not willing to use violence to protect us from threats.

I'm thinking of starting a campaign to draw a circle around Golders Green in North London and establishing an independent Jewish state, if I could get enough votes from everyone within the circle to support it, then I'm sure you'll get behind it.

Pity about the inhabitants of Diego Garcia, but we'll not dwell too long on that and I'll be knocking on your door soon to support Kurdish independence. Oh! perhaps not! What with the activities of the PKK and all. God! This is complicated, sorting out good self determination from the bad.

I do wish @The perfect fumble and @mcfc1632 would book a hotel room together and engage in a weekend of back-to-back 'hate fucks' and get it all out of their system, for everyone else's sake.

Heartbreak Hotel is fully booked with remainers, but I can book Room 101 for mcfc1632, where he can happily toss cardboard cut outs of Angela Merkel, Jeremy Corbyn and Jean-Claude Junker in to oblivion and leave me the fuck alone.

I know you've been let down by your beloved party mate but you sound desperate.
Jezza and McDonald are looking the strong guys in this campaign.
Jezza's forced Mavis to U turn on social policy and the way McDonald destroyed Damian Green on Marr yesterday, I'd say he ( McDonald) was well hard.
Kier Starmer, Jezz and John look like a strong team to me to negotiate Brexit.

Tories - weak and wobbly. The new soundbites.
Luvin it.

All of the above is irrelevant though when the only thing that's debatable is the amount by Labour will lose. Will you be beaten or hammered, that's the question.

You add nothing to this thread at all.

Take a leaf out of the book's of some of the other lefties. Grow up. Debate. Argue. All fine. But add something other than "Tory Boy" and "Vote Labour"

How about taking your own advice ?

in the last 3 pages you have stated 'Grow up' 'Only if your cant read' 'dont be a idiot' 'your a idiot' and 'educate yourself' aimed at 5 different posters.

Your a confrontational tosspot

May is going to get slaughtered by Andrew Neil over this, this evening. Should be interesting viewing.

The run in for this election has really surprised me. I knew I wouldn't agree with the policies/politics of May but I still imagined that for her side she would be a decent politician and a formidable foe. But you know what? She's absolutely rubbish.

I'm genuinely taken back by how poor she is under pressure and it has left me questioning how she could possibly get a good Brexit deal for us. She can't handle anything at all that isn't pre-rehearsed and she's so right wing that she makes the Cameron tory party look like a centralised New Labour.

Heartbreak Hotel is fully booked with remainers, but I can book Room 101 for mcfc1632, where he can happily toss cardboard cut outs of Angela Merkel, Jeremy Corbyn and Jean-Claude Junker in to oblivion and leave me the fuck alone.
TBF - it has been you that a couple of times have done a flounce and say that you are not going to respond/quote any of my posts - and then fail to keep your word.

Last edited:
She's a fucking clown.
Her latest is a cracker on the importance of Brexit negotiations. "There will be no time to waste and no time for a new government to find its way," she said, 4 weeks after calling an election she wasn't going to call. I'd say you couldn't make it up but she just keeps on, making it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.