Lonely

Thanks mate, think 3 options, if keyhole surgery on bowel a success then get plan to get back to full strength, if not try and remove damaged bit of bowel and connect ends, if not an option then remove bowel all together and get bag. Been at home 6 weeks now, only visitor I had was my boss twice to collect sick lines

Sorry for deflecting away from OPs post - hope you get some things sort OP and if need to chat drop me PM
No, not at all fella.
Hope you pull through your health issues. Here's me feeling sorry for myself, could be alot fucking worse.

Take care

Over the past nine years, I have spent the vast majority of my life on my own. I am autistic, unemployed, and even now at 27 year of age, I reside at home with my mother. I would guess that I am one of the most isolated men in my town. I have attempted suicide on two occasions in the past, but alas I failed.

I ascribe most of my difficulties to my learning difficulties, which have caused depression and social anxiety. My low emotional, social and intellectual intelligence is severely crippling, and apart of me cannot wait to die. Autism can be unbelievably alienating, especially when transitioning into adulthood.
You come across as very articulate and intelligent mate. Hang in there and get the right help you deserve. Surely Autism related help is available?

Over the past nine years, I have spent the vast majority of my life on my own. I am autistic, unemployed, and even now at 27 year of age, I reside at home with my mother. I would guess that I am one of the most isolated men in my town. I have attempted suicide on two occasions in the past, but alas I failed.

I ascribe most of my difficulties to my learning difficulties, which have caused depression and social anxiety. My low emotional, social and intellectual intelligence is severely crippling, and apart of me cannot wait to die. Autism can be unbelievably alienating, especially when transitioning into adulthood.
Don't give up, mate.

Two things I would like to contribute, in this thread:

Thing one...

Ever felt lonely as an adult male?

I have no family. My Brother has his own life, as does my Mother.

I lost my job a few weeks back, my love of my life ended it with me a few months ago.

I'm just sat here in my home, very isolated with nobody to turn to.

Any experience with this Blues?
If so, what did you do?

I've just been going outside in nature, walking the dog.
This has helped me.

It sounds so sad, but this forum is my only social tool right now as I have no friends, no work, nothing.

I've posted views on here and many posters will think I'm a **** for my views.

It's been over 20 years since I felt like you do, currently. I remember, vividly, how the feeling of loneliness interlinked with my depression and both spiralled to ever decreasing circles to a point that at my second to last rung to despair, I lay on the floor in my living room sobbing about the crippling loneliness. I may have attempted suicide not long after that, I can't remember, it's such a blur.
But, I digress...

What got me through this period was a determination to re-discover myself. What did I actually like without someone else's influence? I journeyed back in my life and rekindled my love for writing and film, that I had when I was a nipper. Now, whilst this didn't solve my depression, it acted as a buoy, kept me afloat and, most importantly, reintroduced me to me so I liked myself more.

I wonder if it's worth finding who you are again, outside of the work regime we live our lives by?

Thing two...

GaudinoMotors echos my thoughts exactly!

It's clear you have very good intellect, just by your sentence structure alone! Again, I implore that you discover your actual character outside of the worker bee/ soldier ant ethic we have, in this world! Very few of us have the opportunity to connect with ourselves as we saddle ourselves with lots of distractions, positive and negative.

If you're at a low ebb now, really, what have you guys got to lose...??

You come across as very articulate and intelligent mate. Hang in there and get the right help you deserve. Surely Autism related help is available?

That's most kind of you to say, but I must respectfully disagree.

Ever since my formal diagnosis in 2015, I have received lots of support from local organisations, who aim to help those with learning difficulties/mental health problems find suitable employment.

Incidentally, after close to five years of being unemployed, I managed to land a position with the NHS as a business administration apprentice. Unfortunately, however, I opted to resign after three months as I considered myself to be nothing but a liability during my time with the department. After what transpired there, I have now concluded that I am close to being unemployable.

To be brutally honest, I believe my 'special' interests that have kept me alive for the past few years. But it is not my intention to seem too self-deprecating and ungrateful for the life I have been given. It's merely difficult for me to identify anything meaningful in life.

Anyway, I have digressed from the OP, for which I must apologise.

Ever felt lonely as an adult male?

I have no family. My Brother has his own life, as does my Mother.

I lost my job a few weeks back, my love of my life ended it with me a few months ago.

I'm just sat here in my home, very isolated with nobody to turn to.

Any experience with this Blues?
If so, what did you do?

I've just been going outside in nature, walking the dog.
This has helped me.

It sounds so sad, but this forum is my only social tool right now as I have no friends, no work, nothing.

I've posted views on here and many posters will think I'm a **** for my views.

Keep calm and listen to The Smiths

I guess adult life itself is pretty lonely to start with. As a kid you go to school and have a group of mates you see every day and have no responsibilities so you spent holidays and summers hanging out with them. Then you hit adult life and those friendships dissolve as you're busy with work and then they have kids and get married and move away etc and you're lucky if you see them once a year for a pint at xmas.

Thanks for the responses Blues.
I know I'm not alone in my suffering right now, just harder doing it by myself.

Applied for a voluntary role today, see what that brings me.
Also applied for some training for a potential paid job.

There is this chick I've been chatting with but she met me when I was probably more stronger mentally, working and so on.
Now I can't chat to her about this stuff as she may see me as being weak and less of a "man"

Feel so embarrassed about being unemployed.
To be brutally honest Ste, and dont take this the wrong way because there is nothing but well intended thoughts here, admitting to having some current self esteem issues and acknowledging it is huge progress when framed against your posts yesterday when you were trying to be robo-security man and passing on nonsense about vigilance or whatever the fuck that thread was about. good on you for this, but chin up and things will improve if you want them to. And dont, whatever you do, have the blues over a bird. Ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.