Lonely

That's most kind of you to say, but I must respectfully disagree.

Ever since my formal diagnosis in 2015, I have received lots of support from local organisations, who aim to help those with learning difficulties/mental health problems find suitable employment.

Incidentally, after close to five years of being unemployed, I managed to land a position with the NHS as a business administration apprentice. Unfortunately, however, I opted to resign after three months as I considered myself to be nothing but a liability during my time with the department. After what transpired there, I have now concluded that I am close to being unemployable.

To be brutally honest, I believe my 'special' interests that have kept me alive for the past few years. But it is not my intention to seem too self-deprecating and ungrateful for the life I have been given. It's merely difficult for me to identify anything meaningful in life.

Anyway, I have digressed from the OP, for which I must apologise.

Mate you sound like you are very articulate. Perhaps you could volunteer to help autistic youngsters or consider working from home proof reading books etc. Think about what you are interested in what you do well (other than write great sentences!), eg can you draw, run a long way etc Build on this to help your confidence. Best of luck.

We are all alone, and we all know it now deep down. We've spent our entire lives in our heads listening to our internal monologue, so you can of course feel lonely even though you're not some sort of eremite, in spite of having 'friends'. The mind is a lonely place, and the only respite is distraction and sleep. So to anyone whose loneliness is getting them down, I'd say either sleep more or distract yourself more.

Over the past nine years, I have spent the vast majority of my life on my own. I am autistic, unemployed, and even now at 27 year of age, I reside at home with my mother. I would guess that I am one of the most isolated men in my town. I have attempted suicide on two occasions in the past, but alas I failed.

I ascribe most of my difficulties to my learning difficulties, which have caused depression and social anxiety. My low emotional, social and intellectual intelligence is severely crippling, and apart of me cannot wait to die. Autism can be unbelievably alienating, especially when transitioning into adulthood.

I'm being assessed for Aspergers later this year.
I'm 50 this year and life's been really tough. Believe me I know what you are going through.
Last June I spent a few days on a psychiatric ward after a terrible breakdown. I've improved a lot since but every day is a fight.
Don't really know what to say to you but you're not alone and I understand how brutal it is.

A lot of good advice from a lot of good people on here. There is no magic bullet, no miracle cure. The only certainty is that if you don't try to change it by saying fuck it. What is there to lose then you will still be in that place.

It takes more courage to do what you did here than it ever will joining a site, going out with your dog and hoping you meet someone , or just feeling good about yourself.

You're in a situation that is fucked right now. But that's right now. The sun will get up tomorrow on a new day. Do the same and remember if it doesn't happen that day, another one is coming.

Don't buckle, fall, we all do, but there comes a time when we need to say, fuck it, lets go

Posting how you are is a positive step.

Take the next one and good luck.

Ever felt lonely as an adult male?

I have no family. My Brother has his own life, as does my Mother.

I lost my job a few weeks back, my love of my life ended it with me a few months ago.

I'm just sat here in my home, very isolated with nobody to turn to.

Any experience with this Blues?
If so, what did you do?

I've just been going outside in nature, walking the dog.
This has helped me.

It sounds so sad, but this forum is my only social tool right now as I have no friends, no work, nothing.

I've posted views on here and many posters will think I'm a **** for my views.
I've been though it all and more in the last few years mate and get down at times was ready for killing someone or jumping off a bridge last week, if I'd had a chat with the doc'said they'd have sectioned me so I gave myself a talking too, but I'm lucky I'm happy with my own company on the whole, it does effect your confidence at times, pm me anytime if you want a chat, look after yourself things have a way of working themselves out.

Ever felt lonely as an adult male?

I have no family. My Brother has his own life, as does my Mother.

I lost my job a few weeks back, my love of my life ended it with me a few months ago.

I'm just sat here in my home, very isolated with nobody to turn to.

Any experience with this Blues?
If so, what did you do?

I've just been going outside in nature, walking the dog.
This has helped me.

It sounds so sad, but this forum is my only social tool right now as I have no friends, no work, nothing.

I've posted views on here and many posters will think I'm a **** for my views.
You'd be surprised how many are in a similar situation Ste. Hang on in there, like most of us do. Forget 'status' or where you're expected to be at a certain point in life. Things always seem rosier on the other side of the fence, until you dig a little bit deeper. All that matters is that we carry on - and eventually we 'do' turn that corner pal.

A few of us from here play 5-a-side a Platt lane every Wednesday, let me know if you fancy it

The pub has been my little piece of paradise over the years. I had one belting local in East London which sadly closed for good on Saturday. However, I always had a friend when I was in there (even if just the gaffer was drinking alone on a quiet night) or we had a big do for a birthday when it was packed. Everybody was slaughtered by the end.

Now in Manchester I have a couple and I know full well I'll have a friend when I go in them. People are nicer up here than they were in London so I wasn't alone for more than about ten minutes when I first ventured inside. If I'm out tonight then I can predict who is stood where and I'll also be watching the out boxing tomorrow. Admittedly, I drink a fair bit more when I am out but it's once or twice a week as opposed to every night. I'm kept occupied with novels and music when I'm at home.

A partner in crime would be nice but I'm still fine with most of my friends in relationships. I meet up with them both when they're visiting. I note OB was great friends with Barry and Pam? A very likeable pair. My friends with children are pretty much taken 24/7/365 and that's not an issue for me. They have responsibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.