It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without Sane and Sterling ? And who is going to be the substitute striker ?
I thing that we won't see both Jesus ang Kun in a formation like this

I dont think we'd see Jesus, Aguero & Sanchez too often. I think Pep would play one of Sane or Sterling with a brief to stay wide.

Without Sane and Sterling ? And who is going to be the substitute striker ?
I thing that we won't see both Jesus ang Kun in a formation like this

We certainly will. That entire front three can play central so if one or two come off for sterling or Sane then Sanchez or Jesus move central.

Pep will trust players who fit the philosophy but can also take a game into their own hands if things aren't going well. All three of them can. Sane and Sterling are getting there but I wouldn't bank on them to change a game by themselves.

Full backs are clearly vital and walker and fabinho instantly improve us. Fabinho is versatile which suits Pep of course. If we can sort out a new left back or two it allows us to play the style Pep wants without issue. We could also play 3 at the back.

With width from full backs it allows Sanchez to play that wide role but cut inside. He can play anywhere across the front or at no.10 he is class. He would score goals create goals and chase the ball. He can also keep the ball all day long.

I truly believe we can challenge for the CL if we sign those we are linked with this summer and get the luck we need in the competition. We are adding a lot of energy we are allowing Sterling Sane Jesus De Bruyne and Stones another year under Pep to mature and a full pre season will help. Silva Kompany Yaya and Aguero will all still be performing next season hopefully. Their class and experience is vital.

Sanchez might be 29 but like Silva he can play well into his 30s because of his skill set.

Gundogan if fit is in my opinion the best central midfielder in the league. Passing vision movement he has it all.

If you go off the names we are linked with we could lineup for a game with;

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Sandro
Fabinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sanchez
Sane
Jesus

Subs
Bravo
Otamendi
New lb/Kolarov
Yaya
De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

Mbappe looks class but young players are sometimes hit and miss with form naturally. With so many of our forwards in that category Sanchez just ticks all the boxes for me. I think this team needs that added class that knows the league and has performed consistently.

Don't agree, Kev just isn't good enough in the middle in those big games for me, not with Silva alongside him. If Kev steps up his game then maybe, but he was a liability in some of those games when the pace got up and he got pressed, he couldn't handle it.

Interesting debate on how we will line up against decent sides. As far as the midfield balance I think that we still need Yaya or someone of that ilk playing the pivot. We played Dinho a few games as the pivot and he lost the ball more than Pep would like. We need someone of the utmost quality who is calm under pressure and will play the right pass every time. Even when we play a side like Spurs the thought would be more defensive, but we still need to somehow play out from the back. Having Fabinho as the pivot wouldn't necessarily give me confidence when a team presses high, even if he's better defensively. One misplaced pass and we'll be at 6 and 7's at the back. I'm only guessing, but what we might see is the 4-1-4-1 with Yaya as the pivot with Fabinho and Silva/Gundogan ahead of him and De Bruyne out wide. The difference is that Fabinho would be more of a box to box midfielder who could also track back and break up attacks in the midfield before the threat gets to Yaya. Either that or a 4-2-3-1 with Yaya and Fabinho in a midfield 2.

Full backs are clearly vital and walker and fabinho instantly improve us. Fabinho is versatile which suits Pep of course. If we can sort out a new left back or two it allows us to play the style Pep wants without issue. We could also play 3 at the back.

With width from full backs it allows Sanchez to play that wide role but cut inside. He can play anywhere across the front or at no.10 he is class. He would score goals create goals and chase the ball. He can also keep the ball all day long.

I truly believe we can challenge for the CL if we sign those we are linked with this summer and get the luck we need in the competition. We are adding a lot of energy we are allowing Sterling Sane Jesus De Bruyne and Stones another year under Pep to mature and a full pre season will help. Silva Kompany Yaya and Aguero will all still be performing next season hopefully. Their class and experience is vital.

Sanchez might be 29 but like Silva he can play well into his 30s because of his skill set.

Gundogan if fit is in my opinion the best central midfielder in the league. Passing vision movement he has it all.

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Sandro
Fabinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sanchez
Sane
Jesus

Subs
Bravo
Otamendi
New lb/Kolarov
Yaya
De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

Mbappe looks class but young players are sometimes hit and miss with form naturally. With so many of our forwards in that category Sanchez just ticks all the boxes for me. I think this team needs that added class that knows the league and has performed consistently.

That bench looks tasty!

Ederson
Walker
Kompany
Stones
Sandro
Fabinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sanchez
Sane
Jesus

Subs
Bravo
Otamendi
New lb/Kolarov
Yaya
De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

No Fernandinho, Kun on the bench lol

If Gundogan comes back anything like his former self it will be a huge bonus.

Two very serious knee injuries in under a year is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.