It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they can nobody has suggested otherwise... however when one is owned by a member of the Royal family that has put a ban on any sort of deal with Qatar due to terrorism links then I'd say probably not. As in this case.

Ideally, i would love for Aguero and Silva to win the Champions League with Us.

On another note, i've never been to a City game.
What time of year do you guys recommend going to the Etihad for a game? I live in Texas.

Of course they can nobody has suggested otherwise... however when one is owned by a member of the Royal family that has put a ban on any sort of deal with Qatar due to terrorism links then I'd say probably not. As in this case.
I know and understand that but it's not a direct deal between the 2 countries it's between 2 football clubs and that's another way to look at it

What irks me Ric, is the vitriol aimed at the "non-believers". I'd love to hear some genuine inside- info stuff, but nobody has it. NOBODY. Incidentally, I didn't like anne leslie of the Daily Mail, but I loved reading her right-wing rhetoric bollocks. It irked me. But it's always worth reading other people's writing. If only to unpick it as unadulterated baseless shite. Which, as I've stated here tonight, is what Tolm is peddling.
He has called nothing. "It's happening Tuesday, Wednesday, it's boom time, missile time, not messing time". Sorry, it ain't. And this, lest we forget, is a forum, so all opinions should be welcome, not this "if you don't like it, don't read it" pravda-like bollocks.

So, my call goes out again: let's see one, ONE, genuine piece of ITK news. We're waiting...

How about the fact that I said on here that Bernardo Silva was in Manchester to sign for City on the day, well before any press had picked up on it? Well before any press had even picked up he was linked to City full stop. I'm far from what many would consider an ITK, but on that morning i'd just spoken to someone in the 'industry' who knew exactly where that player was and why he was there. Genuine info, and that's from me - some absolute no mark. That was GENUINE ITK info, as you termed it. If I could get that, a fucking nobody, why can't others? Course they can.

I think you're lumping everyone into the same box cos Tolmie irritates you a bit with it. Tolmie plays a lot on the videos etc and, in my personal opinion, enjoys the attention - which gets very irritating at times, but I do think he knows some stuff and I do think it's good intentioned. I don't think he's got *the* inside track though, as I don't really think many actually do. I think he's just relatively well informed, but his timings seem absolutely sketchy at best (feels like once a week there's a bold 'shit is going down' claim and then...silence) which says to me that he's strong on the rumour mill but not strong on the inside stuff. Happy to be wrong, as I do actually think it's all in good faith though to be fair to him.

My advice would be to take it all with a pinch of salt in the way you would some soap on the telly. It's only fucking transfers for a game of football after all. Sumat to browse and speculate on when you're bored at work. Some people know shit, some don't. Some know shit and sometimes get it wrong, some know fuck all and sometimes get it wrong. Life innit.

What irks me Ric, is the vitriol aimed at the "non-believers". I'd love to hear some genuine inside- info stuff, but nobody has it. NOBODY. Incidentally, I didn't like anne leslie of the Daily Mail, but I loved reading her right-wing rhetoric bollocks. It irked me. But it's always worth reading other people's writing. If only to unpick it as unadulterated baseless shite. Which, as I've stated here tonight, is what Tolm is peddling.
He has called nothing. "It's happening Tuesday, Wednesday, it's boom time, missile time, not messing time". Sorry, it ain't. And this, lest we forget, is a forum, so all opinions should be welcome, not this "if you don't like it, don't read it" pravda-like bollocks.

So, my call goes out again: let's see one, ONE, genuine piece of ITK news. We're waiting...

Off to bed now so will have to carry on this debate tomorrow, still find it genuinely mad that grown men could get so riled about transfer rumours on an Internet forum though. Don't think it's particularly Pravda-like to say don't read it if it clearly irritates you so much. No one's trying to sway your mind.

How about the fact that I said on here that Bernardo Silva was in Manchester to sign for City on the day, well before any press had picked up on it? Well before any press had even picked up he was linked to City full stop. I'm far from what many would consider an ITK, but on that morning i'd just spoken to someone in the 'industry' who knew exactly where that player was and why he was there. Genuine info, and that's from me - some absolute no mark. That was GENUINE ITK info, as you termed it. If I could get that, a fucking nobody, why can't others? Course they can.

I think you're lumping everyone into the same box cos Tolmie irritates you a bit with it. Tolmie plays a lot on the videos etc and, in my personal opinion, enjoys the attention - which gets very irritating at times, but I do think he knows some stuff and I do think it's good intentioned. I don't think he's got *the* inside track though, as I don't really think many actually do. I think he's just relatively well informed, but his timings seem absolutely sketchy at best (feels like once a week there's a bold 'shit is going down' claim and then...silence) which says to me that he's strong on the rumour mill but not strong on the inside stuff. Happy to be wrong, as I do actually think it's all in good faith though to be fair to him.

My advice would be to take it all with a pinch of salt in the way you would some soap on the telly. It's only fucking transfers for a game of football after all. Sumat to browse and speculate on when you're bored at work. Some people know shit, some don't. Some know shit and sometimes get it wrong, some know fuck all and sometimes get it wrong. Life innit.

It's just a function of the 98 pct of stuff that ends up being wrong/misguided vs the 2 pct that's right, and the ratio could be even worse. It's okay as long as you don't take it too seriously. Reading the thread is like panning for gold -- great if you get lucky, dull and frustrating if you don't, which is nearly always.

As sometimes annoying and silly as these threads get, the Fabian Delph saga I followed live because I couldn't sleep at 2:30 am here in California and we had it because someone was at the hospital as he entered for his medical and the press wasn't, and it was magic seeing it unfold post by post in real time on bluemoon.

So as long as believers and non-believers can cut each other some slack it's all good. For entertainment purposes only.

"I don't think he's got *the* inside track though, as I don't really think many actually do". Therein lies the truth. I've yet to see anyone on Bluemoon who's called something well before anyone else that was completely new and not anywhere else in the press. That, for me, is genuine ITK. We can all play the odds game. It's a piece of piss. As for Beranardo, You called a transfer the day the player signed. Fairplay, nobody else called it, but I'd hardly call that "in-the-know". Anyway, it's semantics, Ric's off to feather, me too, I'm sure we'll all be glued to the thread at various parts of the day/month/year ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.