Can we win the title this season?

I don't think everything is rosy at Chelsea, lots of pre-season questions about Conte's commitment etc. Hardest part for us is Chelsea and the rags will park the bus to get points whereas this isn't in our makeup. However, the reason I think we will have a much better chance this season is we are buying in players who will have much more personality on the pitch - walker and mendy. We need a few players that will give it out when needed, we have had a soft centre this last couple of seasons.

I would have loved to have heard Conte's cursing when he found out he wasn't getting Lukaku.

On a level playing field definitely; based on PIGMOL or whatever they are called, somewhere between possible and probable. Bent officials undoubtedly influence games more than top signings

Last edited:
Arsenal without Sanchez
Chelsea without costa
United without de gea

No reason why not
Need a good start but hopefully having a stronger bench will help too

You still want a good start then have the bench when champions league starts to keep winning
Also would be nice to have decent team out in league cup and try to win it, as pep handed that to united last year
They were on their knees at the time and we could have put them under more pressure but we felt we were better than that
We're not
We should try to win everything
Sanchez signing for me would be the ultimate statement of intent

As of right now we are favourites with the bookies but not odds on so they fancy us but they fancy the field against us.
We must have a pretty good chance but our backline is unknown and will not have played together and some probably not in the premier league.

Nothing being left to chance this summer so absolutely we can win it! The likes of navas, sagna, clichy , Willy and nolito being replaced by walker, mendy, Bernardo silva, ederson and Sanchez alone makes us waaaayyyy stronger!

To be fair if we sign mendy and another centre back I'm confident we will win the league. I mean this will be one of our starting 11 with subs:

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Mendy
KDB Dinho Silva
Jesus Aguero Sane

Subs: Bravo, Kolarov, Stones, Yaya, Gundogan, Sterling, B Silva

And if we sign Sanchez I'd say we will smash the league!

i still think we need a centre half....id be surprised ( and delighted) if VK made it through the season without an injury. We lose him and our defense goes to shit.

i would have in the past been worried about a more defensively minded central midfielder but with the way pep has us playing im not so sure its as inportant as it has been in the past.

Chelsea and Spurs will be up there and Utd will simply bully most teams to the win. Liverpool will start really strong as well.....they looked good last season but ran out of steam....if they strengthen wisely they will push everyone

CL will play its part as well. Our fixtures after these games will be crucial

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.