Can we win the title this season?

consistency is the big thing we played head and shoulders the best football in the premier league, however when we were bad we were really bad eg Leicester,Everton,Liverpool away, Monaco away.

Strap yourself in it's going to be interesting till May. Would be nice to see Yaya holding up another a premier league trophy if he is potentially in his last year with the club.

:( I liked it when that was what it sounded like you were saying. Especially because it is both true and telling...

To be honest, I don't think the refs screwed us over. Yes, we got lots of bad calls against us. But the refs were generally poor. More instrumental to our demise was our inability to finish chances.
But if as you've now said it isn't what you were saying, , well .... @Marvin as you were. Nothing to see here :)

We weren't clinical enough at times in the final third. The players were more than capable, but for whatever reason (and we can all speculate) they weren't always on the money.

consistency is the big thing we played head and shoulders the best football in the premier league, however when we were bad we were really bad eg Leicester,Everton,Liverpool away, Monaco away.
Our away form against quality opposition generally was pretty awful. Champions League and domestically a solitary win against the rags and draws against Arsenal, Celtic and BMG.
Generally good against the weaker premier league teams but the better ones pretty poor.

I think we'll absolutely smash the league this season with the majority of the team being Pep's players and the others being his style of player, win it 12 plus pilots will do !

Us or Chelsea.

Think everyone just wants a title challenge. If we are there or thereabouts with 3 games to go, i'll take it.

If we don't win it with Pep in his 2nd year, Pep's players on board at massive cost, and all that, I think real questions will need to be asked.

That said, I would love nothing more than for us to win it, and by a decent margin this time.

I think we stand a very good chance if we can keep Vinnie fit at Ederson takes to the league.

Chelsea, Spus, Dippers and Manyoo have champs league football which I think will tax them. In particular Chelsea with their small squad may struggle - who knows they may give some of their kids a chance!

Arsenal are in the Europa which I guess they might not take too seriously so they might mount a challenge.

It is interesting to think that for the past two seasons the league has been won by teams not playing in Europe.

I think that if we prioritized the league (which I think we should having not won it for a while) then, given average luck with injuries and fair refereeing, we would be very likely to win it. Our owner wants the Champions League though so our league campaign might suffer.

I am quietly confident at the moment.

If we get Sanchez and an excellent DM then absolutely.

We failed to take enough chances last year and our defensive midfield was non-existent at times leaving the defence exposed.

If Vinny plays 75% of the games we will win it by Easter. If he has a repeat of the last couple of seasons then we will win it with about 5 games left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.