Girona - Post match Thread

was pretty poor to be honest as you could imagine that team being our cup team? Leroy had a shit on all game and seemed pissed off? maybe playing wing back role didn't help but he defo had a real petulance that I haven't seen before from him. bernardo done ok but still seemed quite unfit? even gabby looked poor when he came on? at least we got no injuries but it was a poor show and girona looked a lot fitter and stronger than our lads.

The fact that Sane, Sterling, Yaya, Silva all played 90 mins in this game suggests that their fitness levels are well below 100%. And I doubt that they prepared for this game as they would normally, they will have had heavy training sessions on Monday. I expect that they will be much sharper as consequence of this run out. If we put this team out for the cups they'll be fine.

Can't believe so many watched this, it's essentially little more than a training game.

Would that be training as in work hard, show the boss you are ready, grab the chance to cement your place as a regular starter or at least in the match day squad? OR possibly training as in its a bit of a jolly, never heard of that one myself.

Would that be training as in work hard, show the boss you are ready, grab the chance to cement your place as a regular starter or at least in the match day squad? OR possibly training as in its a bit of a jolly, never heard of that one myself.
They played ninety minutes in the heat at the start of the season in an unprepared line up. It was a training exercise and probably a good one even if it wasn't scintillating viewing.

I would've thought it'd be training as in don't over do it, don't pick up any injuries by over exerting yourself, be competitive but don't break your balls.

Have to agree with comments about Sané. The guy is doing himself no favours at the moment. Pep is pushing him, like he's pushed numerous others in the squad (Stones, Aguero, Sterling etc) and if he can't handle it then that doesn't bode well. Yes it's not his ideal position, but if you don't show Pep you have the appetite to learn something new, you'll quickly be out of favour.

Nah, Pep makes mistakes too you know, like dropping De Bruyne further back in midfield last season killed him.

Promotional training session and another opportunity to get upto 90 minutes of football into the "early season" legs of a few players who did not get many minutes (or any) this weekend. I would imagine the rest of the run up to the Everton game will focus on a few days of hard work on the training ground and some recovery.

shocked people are getting wound up about a training game. actually no im not. some of the comments on the match thread were pretty out of order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.