It's Quiet - a new dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine world class players don't go for £50m-regardless of how long they have left on their contract and certainly not in the current climate.Id slap 70 on the table today and tell them that's it, get it over the line blues.

We've done well in incomings I wouldn't say we have shifted much dead wood yet, hopefully we will, Nasri, Fernando and Nolito but Hart is still with us and there were several whose contracts had expired and didn't have to be shifted.
We currently still have Mangala Bony Denayer & Delph.

I guess I was including the out of contract players in the "dead wood", but concede that we can't really take any credit for that. Presume the four players you mention will leave before the window closes, unless we don't sign Evans in which case Mangala could get a reprieve? Bony to Swansea and Delph to Stoke look likely to happen, hopefully on permanent deals rather than loans.

It's expensive for a player of his age going in to the final year of his contract, but it's preferable to including Sterling in the deal! Could be the difference between us winning the title and not, so hopefully it gets done even if it ends up being £70m.
Agree entirely. An alternative yardstick might be what we'd be prepared to pay if he wasn't in his last 12 months. I'll comfort myself with that if we end up paying £70m.

We've done well in incomings I wouldn't say we have shifted much dead wood yet, hopefully we will, Nasri, Fernando and Nolito but Hart is still with us and there were several whose contracts had expired and didn't have to be shifted.
We currently still have Mangala Bony Denayer & Delph.
Deadwood not the right word for all of them, but with 4 left to leave, we have got rid of Zaba, Sagna,Navas, Willy, Clichy, Nolito, Iheanacho, Kolarov, Fernando and Nasri.

Genuine world class players don't go for £50m-regardless of how long they have left on their contract and certainly not in the current climate.Id slap 70 on the table today and tell them that's it, get it over the line blues.
If we do that they'll probably ask for 80. I think the deal will be done today and medical tomorrow but we must be patient.

I guess I was including the out of contract players in the "dead wood", but concede that we can't really take any credit for that. Presume the four players you mention will leave before the window closes, unless we don't sign Evans in which case Mangala could get a reprieve? Bony to Swansea and Delph to Stoke look likely to happen, hopefully on permanent deals rather than loans.
The shape of the squad and the quality
is significantly better. I think we'll have done well to move so many squad players away on permanent deals or released. To think a few years ago Mangala was the big signing we all wanted!

If Oxlade-Chamberlain holds out for his desired move to Liverpool next season, on a free, then Arsenal are staring at losing well over 100 million if Sanchez isn't sold in the next few days.

Deadwood not the right word for all of them, but with 4 left to leave, we have got rid of Zaba, Sagna,Navas, Willy, Clichy, Nolito, Iheanacho, Kolarov, Fernando and Nasri.
I have to say I'm not regarding Kolarov as a big successful disposal as we appear to be paying an awful lot more for his replacement when we didn't want him to leave and the replacement is questionable in terms of improvement in quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.