The Boxing thread

thank fuck for that......was going to back Canelo went with the lay of Golovkin instead......phew

Pressure alone doesn't win you rounds. Again look at Canelos face, it's mark free GGG's is more puffy infact(look at that left cheek ffs)... against the biggest puncher and you're telling me he is 4 rounds up? Rubbish sorry GGG fans.

I agree Canelo up by 8 rounds is bullshit though, don't get how they scored it that way.

In short a draw is not that far fetched, GGG took the middle of the fight start and end was Canelo's.

You don't score a fight based on puffiness of a fighters face haha.

You don't score a fight based on puffiness of a fighters face haha.
No but it's quite telling who had more success, again look at how many of GGG's shots were actually landing, it was just pressure without landing in some of those rounds as I said I don't score rounds that way... I appreciate good defence. Those last rounds are key to the difference in the way people were scoring it... I can't give any rounds to GGG from the 10th onwards because Canelo landed what he wanted to and GGG wasted the majority of his shots.

I can see why some would say GGG pinched it, it was close in truth but I can't see GGG 4 rounds up at all.

I can kind of see a draw as a fair result. The fight never got going and hopefully we'll have a rematch. But fuck me that judge needs to be fired. Apparently she has history of being dodgy judging MMA as well.

No but it's quite telling who had more success, again look at how many of GGG's shots were actually landing, it was just pressure without landing in some of those rounds as I said I don't score rounds that way... I appreciate good defence. Those last rounds are key to the difference in the way people were scoring it... I can't give any rounds to GGG from the 10th onwards because Canelo landed what he wanted to and GGG wasted the majority of his shots.
Punches landed: GGG - 218 Canelo - 169 #GGGCanelo

GGG won that fight. Look at canelos eyes during the last rounds he knew he had lost.

Compubox? Flawed and everyone knows it... most of those shots were rolled and taken on the gloves(not much clean from GGG he was busier and that's how people are scoring it)with Canelos movement, also power punches vs jabs... which count more?

The difference isn't actually that great anyway(especially as they are probably nothing jabs taken on the gloves or partial) not enough to say 4 rounds(bullshit watch it with no sound boxnation were pants at scoring that) which is my point... a lot closer than GGG bumboys are making out. You can say GGG maybe pinched it but that was anything but a shutout, that's more shite than the judge having Canelo up by 8.
So I take it you pay no attention what so ever to ring generalship? I'm sorry, I just fail to understand how lying on the ropes wins you a fight. Yeah canelo landed the nicer big punches but he still wasn't winning them rounds, it's three minute rounds and GGG's jab was landing at will after the first few rounds.

So I take you are new to boxing and can't tell when a fighter is rolling punches meaning there's no power on it(Canelo was purposely dropping his hands... he was very comfortable despite that pressure for most of it)... I'll say it again he was making him miss and not much was geting through clean... you're giving him rounds for pressure alone when he's not really landing much because why? Canelo's making him miss... it's part of boxing and you have the gall to preach to me about ringmanship when you don't even understand that?
I understand it, you make it out like he missed every shot when he clearly did not so there's no point really having this discussion further. Agree to disagree mate it's too late to argue have to sleep and be up for work :)

I understand it, you make it out like he missed every shot when he clearly did not so there's no point really having this discussion further. Agree to disagree mate it's too late to argue have to sleep and be up for work :)
He missed a shitload though and you did say landing at will... sorry but I had to call you out on that because that's laughable... the middle rounds he had success I agree on that(landing at will is stretching it though) but first 3-4 and the last 3 where nothing like you say.

Yeah we can agree to disagree, I think I've been clear on how I score rounds and I understand other people score differently but I think people are overreacting at the draw big time. That judges card for Canelo aside(that is a head scratcher) nobody walked away with that by a long shot. :)

I'll watch it again anyway as I normally do, maybe I will see it differently but I doubt it, I even muted the commentary diliberately in parts.

Last edited:

I can see why some would say GGG pinched it, it was close in truth but I can't see GGG 4 rounds up at all.
KFA

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.