The Boxing thread

Arman big names there my friend.... vast majority of nobodies... and we all know who Teddy Atlas fancied before the fight, he is the most stubborn pundit, name me a time he's gone back on his prediction? He never does. Anyone worth their salt in boxing knows GGG didn't win the first 3 rounds or the last 3... AT THE VERY LEAST(he didn't watch those round again GGG bumboys) 12 rounds in boxing as I said some people just see what they want to when scoring obviously. Ooooh he's hitting think fucking air but lets give him the round anyway... give me a fucking break you fucking fanboys!!!!
Yep, the vast majority of those who watched the fight are indeed GGG fanboys aren't they. Even loads of Mexicans are saying GGG won, tells you it all.

Armaan wipe that GGG spunk from your mouth and stop lying. ;) The vast majority of Mexicans aint saying anything like that you dick... why lie? Seriously you've taken to pulling shit out of your arse pal! A new low for you and I've always thought you were poor poster.
Have a look on twitter. Loads I've seen on there.

Good fight overall but the main action wasn't sustained enough for long enough periods for it to go down as a classic. Two top level fighters with utmost respect for each other's firepower I suspect played a major factor in the action never quite exploding.

Canelo definitely landed the cleaner single shots that you remember, but spent far too much time obviously on the retreat for him to ever look like he was in control of the fight. Likewise Golovkin was purely forward momentum all night long without ever quite being able to detonate his heaviest artillery on a defensive minded target with good lateral movement and clever movement on the ropes. If you're looking for a factor to separate the two of them across the whole fight then it has to be GGG's jab, same with his last fight with Jacobs. His power shots were fleeting in success but his jab landed consistently throughout the fight and for me that helped him to just about keep his nose in front for the majority of the fight.

I gave Canelo 2 of the first 3 and the last 2, so overall 116-112 for Canelo, though that's not necessarily a cast-iron scorecard and I can definitely appreciate that Canelo's counters will have impressed a lot of people. IN the middle portion of the fight though, through 4-10 he pretty much gave the initiative to GGG by being so obviously on the retreat and languishing on the ropes too much. Though GGG wasn't able to blast through Canelo in those moments he still had command of the fight with the jab and threw enough meaningful leather and was able to back Canelo into the corners and keep him honest.

Good fight but not quite the blockbuster I think most expected. No massive arguments with a draw.
This guy gets it. Good post, the idea a draw is a travesty is just fanboys talking for me. Jacobs won their fight for me also(was close like this one but he pinched it) I feel GGG gets given rounds he doesn't deserve by too many. I also agree Canelo gave him the middle rounds, when he needed to simply match his work rate whether he landed or not judging by the reactions, perhaps too patient and too concerned with landing the cleaner shots(but that's my problem with some peoples scoring).

Last edited:
This guy gets it. Good post, the idea a draw is a travesty is just butthurt fanboys talking for me. Jacobs won that fight for me also(was close like this one but he pinched it) I feel GGG gets given rounds he doesn't deserve by too many, sorry but not sorry I wont go along with it.
How can you claim the vast majority of people that watched that fight are butt hurt fanboys? GGG doesn't have that many fans mate. I guess we just score fights differently pal. Also worth noting the crowd yesterday was mainly Mexican and they boo'd their man at the end.

How can you claim the vast majority of people that watched that fight are butt hurt fanboys? GGG doesn't have that many fans mate. I guess we just score fights differently pal. Also worth noting the crowd yesterday was mainly Mexican and they boo'd their man at the end.

Exactly this! Mexican fighters prefer golovkin as he wants a fight, canelo didn't and as such he was boo'd by a crowd, massively built up of Mexican fans!

The fight was very very close but I feel, like the majority, that golovkin just edged it.

Let's not forget that canelo has a lethal and venomous punch and golovkin took them like a 5 year old was throwing them, the guy is made of iron.

Doesn't have that many fans my god(reeling out he bullshit tonight mate)... he's got the most deluded fanbase going... I read people questioning if Canelo should be made to shave his beard before the fight... "Ughh that shouldn't be allowed"(nearly woke the house up laughing at them at the time). Nah sorry pal not buying it, Max Kellerman and Teddy Atlas already picked him as a favourite before he'd even fought anyone of note. He lost to Jacobs too btw, people fell back on compubox for that too to paper over the cracks when he clearly got outboxed.

Also they didn't boo Canelo they booed the decision(didn't want the draw they wanted the nod for their guy)... more evidence you see things as you want to rather than how they are, even Boxnation picked up on that.

If you go back and rewatch it, every time the mic goes to canelo, they boo.

If you go back and rewatch it, every time the mic goes to canelo, they boo.
I will do, I doubt it was the mexicans booing, unless they've never watched Canelo fight before they'd already know his game is counter punching so your "he comes forward" angle is flawed. Seriously even the Boxnation guys I could tell they've not watched alot of Canelo only his last few fights because that's all they talked about, his last 2 fights. They all did a U-Turn before the fight and put him as the favourite(despite weeks of saying GGG would take him apart before it got announced) so they could be more generous towards GGG in the rounds that were close seemingly.

I will do, I doubt it was the mexicans booing, unless they've never watched Canelo fight before they'd already know his game is counter punching so your "he comes forward" angle is flawed. Seriously even the Boxnation guys I could tell they've not watched alot of Canelo only his last few fights because that's all they talked about, his last 2 fights. They all did a U-Turn before the fight and put him as the favourite(despite weeks of saying GGG would take him apart before it got announced) so they could be more generous towards GGG in the rounds that were close seemingly.
I love how you call the vast majority of people "Golovkin fanboys", when really it's you who is just on your own hating him constantly. You're like a reverse fanboy, whatever one of them is. It's weird mate, did he steal your wife or something?

GGG clearly won, can't see a case for Canelo at all. You can't win a fight fighting and spurts and for the most part lying on the ropes defending. Look how the media scored it.

Bryan Graham (Guardian UK) ------------> 116-112 GGG
Dan Rafael (ESPN) ------------------------> 116-112 GGG
Bob Velin (USA Today) --------------------> 116-112 GGG
Kevin McRae (Bleacher Report) -----------> 116-112 GGG
Shaun Al-Shatti (MMA Fighting) ----------> 116-112 GGG
Ryan Frederick (Wrestling Observer) ----> 116-112 GGG
Patrick Stumberg (MMA Mania) ----------> 116-112 GGG
Kevin Mitchell (Guardian UK) ------------> 116-113 GGG
Jordan Breen (Sherdog) ------------------> 115-112 GGG
Kevin Iole (Yahoo) ------------------------> 115-113 GGG
Will Esco (Bad Left Hook) -----------------> 115-113 GGG
Phil Murphy (ESPN) -----------------------> 115-113 GGG
Mike Harris (SI) ---------------------------> 115-113 GGG
Paul Fontaine (Wrestling Observer) ------> 115-113 GGG
MMA Brazil ---------------------------------> 115-113 GGG
Sean Sheehan (Severe MMA) -------------> 115-113 GGG
Rob Tatum (Combat Press) ----------------> 115-113 GGG
Patrick Wyman (Bleacher Report) ---------> 115-113 GGG
Lennox Lewis ------------------------------> Golovkin
Teddy Atlas --------------------------------> Golovkin
Enzo Macarenelli ---------------------------> Golovkin
James Brady (SB Nation) ------------------> Golovkin
Steven Muehlhausen (Sporting News) ----> 114-114 Draw
Gilbert Manzano (Denver Post) -----------> 114-114 Draw
Boxing Clever (Seen) ---------------------> 114-114 Draw
Associated Press --------------------------> 114-114 Draw
Lance Pugmire (LA Times) ----------------> 114-114 Draw
Chris Mannix (Yahoo) ---------------------> 114-114 Draw
Gareth Davies (UK Telegraph) -----------> 116-112 Canelo

Seems like the vast amount of people agree with the GGG win.

Gareth Davies had it 116-112 GGG going by his telegraph live scoring.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.