Oldham Athletic Takeover

Right so what I see and experience with my own eyes from pubs, businesses and my own experiences going to watch Oldham play at home and away do not give me an informed opinion? Behave. After City got back into the premier league in 2001 I had a pal who was an Oldham fan and any time I couldnt go to watch City away or on days City were not playing I would go and watch Oldham around the country. For a good few years. I stopped going because I was tired of all the anti city bile that would come out of peoples mouths( witout declaring my alegencies) especially when we were taken over in 2008. So dont tell me what I know and what I dont know.
I'm not denying there'll be some shite spouted towards City - it's only natural. However, there's an awful lot said about United too, and I'm saying you're talking bollocks when referring to Latics fans turning into United fans buying all their "merch" instead of their own.

There'll be plenty of sons/daughters of Latics mothers and fathers these days that prefer to follow City or United, but any fan who you believe has switched to one of you was never a fan of Latics in the first place.

It's probably the bullsh*t about Latics tattoos and United shirts that he's responding to. Are you upset that you live closer to Boundary Park than The Etihad?

No no, i genuinely have seen latics tattoos the old style owl on calfs paired with united Shirts. Also I live in Blackley, my business just so happens to be in Rochdale.. next

I'm not denying there'll be some shite spouted towards City - it's only natural. However, there's an awful lot said about United too, and I'm saying you're talking bollocks when referring to Latics fans turning into United fans buying all their "merch" instead of their own.

There'll be plenty of sons/daughters of Latics mothers and fathers these days that prefer to follow City or United, but any fan who you believe has switched to one of you was never a fan of Latics in the first place.

Ive seen it with my own eyes pal. I even used to play football with some lads who lived on broadway who gave up going to boundry park when Oldham got relegated from the Prem and took up the rag banner instead. Granted those incidents are more isolated however I have seen with my own eyes Oldham tattoos on calfs and United shirts on the same adults.

I hope not too. Moves like that would be the death of lower league football. As if any Oldham fan would want to be a feeder club for City, and rightly so.

Harsh to throw Rochdale into that list. I understand why you've included them, small crowds. But exceptionally well run, make a profit every year and recently bought the ground back from the council. They are the example the other north west clubs should be following.

its going to get even worst with the new tv money in the championship and smaller league 1 and 2 teams will not have a chance and the likes of oldham bury rochdale will find it hard with small crowds and could be non league teams in a couple of years if nothing is done to pump some players and money into them rochdale are a very good run club and if the others get help why not rochdale

both manchester clubs need to offer a hand and let some of there youth players go on loan and pump a little money back into the roots and even take the first team over for training to just see how the other half of the game works without life little comforts and cold showers clean your own boots

I hope not too. Moves like that would be the death of lower league football. As if any Oldham fan would want to be a feeder club for City, and rightly so.

if your given a choice of non league football with no chance of coming back up and no future or take manchester city offer of help with players and money its a easy answer a no brainier and like i said before oldham did just that back in the 70s and 80s and 90s and took our youth players and many friendly games in pre-season that was there biggest gate of the year so its not much different and still be oldham football club with a bright future

if your given a choice of non league football with no chance of coming back up and no future or take manchester city offer of help with players and money its a easy answer a no brainier and like i said before oldham did just that back in the 70s and 80s and 90s and took our youth players and many friendly games in pre-season that was there biggest gate of the year so its not much different and still be oldham football club with a bright future
It's hardly as simplistic as that is it?

Would I be happy to watch Latics as a club in their own right which happens to have a few players on loan, maybe even some from City? Yes, of course I would. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember - although the majority of loanees from your EDS in the last 5/6 years or so have been garbage for us.

Would I be happy if we were owned (in some way or other) with the MO being to ensure City players have a football league team to play for and improve their game, with what is best for Latics coming 2nd to what is better for City, or the CFG or whatever you call it, and effectively become Manchester City B team? Well no, fuck right off. I'd much rather follow my Latics in the conference or even lower.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.