City games allegedly fixed

My post was 20 or 30 pages ago and in response to you saying that nobody had come forward with anything. This many pages later your response is out of context. I did not mention widespread corruption or fixing of matches.

Not sure why you are not aware of the details as you seem to take such an interest in these matters. I post the following in clarification for you, it has been in the mainstream media for quite a while.

Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey has revealed to talkSPORT he was told to change decisions he had made in games before handing in his match report to the FA.

In the week in which Sergio Aguero was handed a three match suspension after allegedly elbowing West Ham defender Winston Reid, Halsey spoke to Kick Off to claim, on at least one occasion, that he was forced to alter his view of an incident.

When asked by Danny Murphy if he’d ever heard of a referee being overruled, Halsey said: “I’m going to speak honestly now. It happened to me once in the Premier League.

“I was refereeing Stoke v Blackburn Rovers. I saw an incident and didn’t think it was worthy of anything.

“Then we had a meeting at St George’s and I was called in and told ‘all right, this incident here is violent conduct - it’s a red card.'

“And I said ‘no it isn’t. Not in my opinion.'

“And then he said, ‘well, we’re telling you that is a red card offence, and you will tell the FA that’s what it is.'

“And I had to do it. If I didn’t I would have been suspended.

“That did go on, and I’ve got to say, I was furious - Absolutely furious!

“At the game, the assessor was there and he never saw it, he never said anything!

“So yes, that does go on. When there’s an incident unseen by the match officials, what happens is it’s taken out the referee’s hands.”

Halsey went on to share this view on social view website Twitter, writing: “I have been in that situation, when I have seen an incident and been told to say I haven't seen it.

“To be fair to the FA... it's not them. It comes from within the PGMOL [Professional Game Match Officials Limited]...”

Former Manchester United and England star Gary Neville reacted to Halsey's claims, himself using Twitter to claim there is a huge problem in the Premier League.
And yet folk still refuse to believe anything untoward is going on. Halsey is probably the tip of the iceberg. He was in a position where he felt he could speak out, but other ref's won't, for whatever reason.

And yet folk still refuse to believe anything untoward is going on. Halsey is probably the tip of the iceberg. He was in a position where he felt he could speak out, but other ref's won't, for whatever reason.
He didn't sign a non disclosure agreement. Think he said it cost him something like £40k because he didn't.

I dont belisve in conspiracy theory pal.
I believe in reality.
Check out the sky sports /ray wilkins footage which shows the former scum midfield general pressing the 'wronng' 'button on his football tactics screen...and bringing up the results of a series of international football results,inc englands,......the day before the games were actually played.
The sky sports presenter quickly presses the 'right'button and the results are gone.
Sky sports did not have the broadcasting rights to whatever tournament the results related to ,and it was done,ostensibly, to weaken the commercial viability of their rivals posistion,by illustrating what a dead duck in the water their rivals had purchased.
Yes pal.corruption in football is a reality.
And were the results shown before the game any different to the results after the game?

I think you will find that this was the biggest damp squib in memory. One, i think it was Sun jihai, was injured and the everton player an unused sub, I just about remeber the stupid kick off time as the match was awful but your post doesn't bring anything at all to the debate and i cannot see why you even bothered typing it out. If they had the choice to show the rags v Liverpool over us v anyone else they would choose the rags because of the advertising revenue they would get. Market forces dictate many things, one of them being corruption.

I agree that would probably pick the Rags or Pool over our good selves, but that is only prefaced if there are no teams that are playing Chinese nationals - which the evidence clearly shows. It is not simply which team that plays but is rather more nuanced, and who (as in Chinese players) is actually playing that is also influential.

The football industry has an issue with trsnsparency when it comes to refereeing decisions. Who selects referees? What criteria are used? What's really done to protect the integrity of the games? What's done to protect the integrity of PGMOL?

'Trust us'
'Why?'
'Because we said so'

If it were something more important than football, in public life, the current model would not be allowed to persist.

Ask yourself this question......
''How many Wythenshawe born residents support Altrincham FC?''

Nobody find it strange how Taylor reffed the Watford game? Impartially in my eyes, after many, many bizarre performances against (yes, against) us. Maybe even favourably towards City. Like someone had had a word?

Nobody find it strange how Taylor reffed the Watford game? Impartially in my eyes, after many, many bizarre performances against (yes, against) us. Maybe even favourably towards City. Like someone had had a word?

or maybe, the fact we won 6-0 meant he could have sod all effect and therefore it makes it easy for him to go "yeah, but look at the Watford game where you won 6-0 and I gave you a meaningless but correct penalty at 5-0". When push comes to shove at 0-0/1-0 against Chelsea though...oops.

Even I could just about manage to give United a penalty if they were winning 5-0.

or maybe, the fact we won 6-0 meant he could have sod all effect and therefore it makes it easy for him to go "yeah, but look at the Watford game where you won 6-0 and I gave you a meaningless but correct penalty at 5-0".

Fair enough. Just seemed to me he had lots of opportunity in the first half to do his usual stuff, but he didn't. Maybe I was just expecting the worst .....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.