Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is really world class right now. Easily top 3 midfielders in the world on his day, moved deeper by Pep he gained extra space to create from deep. His vision is out of this world, combined with Silva's small passes in tight spaces they can unlock any defense with few passes in right tempo. When we are at full speed I think it sometimes doesn't really matter who we will be facing. We could do equal damage to Watford or to from example Bayern or Real.

When I was watching space both PSG and Bayern left today I was thinking that with our passing we would put 5 past any of them...and Kevin would be instrumental for that.

Just look at something I found, it's really hard to belive someone took all those passes and plays just from few games we played this year, just WOW :

I think the thing that really impresses me about him, is that when "his radar is off" he never hides, and keeps trying the slide rule pass, keeps trying to do the right thing.

Hopefully the goal will settle him and the floodgates will open.

It's actually quite astonishing that it took people this long to understand, something that i have been saying for at least 3 years. In Belgium, at the time, there was a big discussion among journalists and pundits, whether or not De Bruyne could play in the same team as Hazard. Failing to see, that their skillset is actually quite complementary to that of the other. De Bruyne is an architect, Hazard is an interior decorator. De Bruyne is macro, Hazard is micro. Ever since adversaries of the Belgian national team started to figure out that it was De Bruyne that was pulling the strings, Hazard got more freedom, because the focus shifted towards De Bruyne.

The same thing happened at City and i believe it was in the match against Barcelona last year, that De Bruyne was already playing deeper in midfield, where he was tearing Barca apart. This was before Martinez did it with the national team.

I think the thing that really impresses me about him, is that when "his radar is off" he never hides, and keeps trying the slide rule pass, keeps trying to do the right thing.

Hopefully the goal will settle him and the floodgates will open.

Great point about making the right play when things aren't going right. Such a simple thing to do but most aren't able.

Kev is pumped up. You can bet this is one of the games that he marks on his calendar. He never usually post stuff like this before a game.

He’s gonna want to overwrite his missed sitter from last season.

Kev is pumped up. You can bet this is one of the games that he marks on his calendar. He never usually post stuff like this before a game.

He’s gonna want to overwrite his missed sitter from last season.

The missed sitter was one of the season defining moments last year, he wants to make up for it.

There is nothing like a motivated and focused De bruyne, think he'll run the show again today, hopefully gets on the score sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.