Delph sits out England training

To be honest he has kind of already done that away at West Brom. As for the people above asking who cares about the national team I'm sure you will all have England flags hanging out of windows when the world cup comes around :)
Funnily enough, I won't.

I used to love the world cup as a boy, but nowadays I can hardly be arsed with it. I watch a few games of course, but actually am more interested in watching Argentina, Brasil, Spain etc than Ingerlund. We are crap and we know are.

Funnily enough, I won't.

I used to love the world cup as a boy, but nowadays I can hardly be arsed with it. I watch a few games of course, but actually am more interested in watching Argentina, Brasil, Spain etc than Ingerlund. We are crap and we know are.

England isn't our team it's London's & the FA's.

They reclaimed it for London, when previously various oiks around the country were allowed to watch it live.

Now Tottenham play in the same ground.

Anyone out there there who gives a shit about the National team?

Not me for sure. I have watched the rags & dippers dominated England teams sink & sink & sink for the last 50 years. Now a totally pointless exercise just to enrich the blazer brigade. Complete waste of time & space.
I'm with you on that brother. As far as I'm concerned, the International break is just a break from football for me, as I have no interest in it whatsoever.

I couldn't even tell you which other teams are in England's qualifying group I'm so disinterested...

To be honest he has kind of already done that away at West Brom. As for the people above asking who cares about the national team I'm sure you will all have England flags hanging out of windows when the world cup comes around :)

Yes, and his level against WBA wasn't as high and it was an average performance by him.

Funnily enough, I won't.

It's not even the fact that England are crap that turns me off watching them, either in the flesh or on TV. I've spent enough years of my life watching crap City teams with crap managers, but still persisted like so many others because of my love for City.

With England, growing up as a boy/teenager England games used to be something to get excited about, Euro 96 and all that etc. But I think the general dismay towards our national team is a reflection on how the game is run in this country, the various antics by the blazers in the FA offices, even things as far back as the FA having different rules for English players with prominent roles in the team (see the Shearer/Lennon incident). The media fawning over England "legends" such as Rooney (great role model for my son and other kids, right?), the FA giving Beckham 5 minute cameo sub appearances for a year to push him over the line for the appearance record, insisting on making the national team London-based because they've got a stadium to pay for. I could continue.

I think there are a number of things over the years that have pushed fans away from the national team and taken away the fun, pride, and whatever it was "back in the day" that meant fans of all club teams were all on the same page when it came to getting behind England. Or maybe I'm just old and miserable now, and today's teenagers felt how I did when I was their age.

Delph would have been a fantastic buy for us at the price we got him for IF he had remained fit. In the short amount of times he has been on the field we have seen how effective he can be in midfield and now at left back. Maybe his low price was due to injury problems highlighted when he had his medical with us? I hope he gets and remains fit but looking at his record it is probably a big ask.

Funnily enough, I won't.

Last couple of tournaments I've actually looked forward to England getting knocked out so I can enjoy watching games with no media England hype.

Yes, and his level against WBA wasn't as high and it was an average performance by him.

I thought he played well considering it was the first game he had come in for. Got rinsed at one point when Sterling came back and bullied Nyom I think it was? And picked up a ridiculous booking but away from that I though he was solid alongside Mangala.

Delph would have been a fantastic buy for us at the price we got him for IF he had remained fit. In the short amount of times he has been on the field we have seen how effective he can be in midfield and now at left back. Maybe his low price was due to injury problems highlighted when he had his medical with us? I hope he gets and remains fit but looking at his record it is probably a big ask.

His low price was because he had a clause in his contract that he could join a Champions League team for £8 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.