Napoli post-match thread

Even though we were pretty sloppy at times in the second half, I still always felt confident that we would see it out. Big difference from games last season, where I'd be shitting myself as soon as we came under any sustained pressure. Ederson is probably a big part of that.

Well that's a good win. Started greatly, sweet passes Silva and Sané, still bemused by Walker's shot but Sterling took it well. Another ridiculous assist by Kevin for a Jesus tap-in. Could've been 4-0 up, but as it went on they came back into it; at times brilliant defending but not the best conceding two pens, although Ederson and Fernandinho (my motm) saved one amazingly. Very happy with this win and I'm glad David got to complete his impersonation of Zaba with the head bandage too.

Napoli were brilliant second half had us in the back foot at times but we took it and gave it em back great performance

Great work again for the most part. Looked like we were going to take them apart first half but in fairness they provided a stern test as the match went on. fern not for the first time hung a leg out unnecessarily , his goal line clearance cancelled that out. disappointed with walker tonight and that's not the first game he hasn't looked up to scratch. Stones and otta were really good all game. Kevins booking fucked his game up, oh and the refs a prick.

great win and man management from pep and city can now just cost if they want in the champions league 1 point is enough to take us to the knockouts with 3 games to play yes we looked 2nd to the ball in the 2nd half and they are a good team but we just seamed to take a look at them tonight and think ok we know your main points and we are a better team then you
We want first place though. But it'd be nice to be able to rest players if we win the next one. But the next one is away at Napoli.

If anyone's on two yellow cards, that would be a good time for them to get another and be suspended for a meaningless game.

Superb first 35 mins when we should have been 4 - 0. I think the booking affected Kev and he was not effective in the 2nd half.

Second half Napoli stepped up and tiredness kicked in with City, notably Dhinho, Walker, Delph and Sane had poor games.

Definitely need another lb in the Jan window and if Dhino gets injured we have a problem. Nevertheless another win, happy days

How on earth did Delph have a poor game, what match where you watching jesus christ

A big win tonight and not just for the three champions league points. It was big because the players have come through a tough game against quality opposition, dug in and won, which should boost their confidence. Also a 3-3 draw away at Celtic last season was when the doubts and the wheels started to come off our season. If we had drawn that game tonight comparisons would be being made and doubts might creep in. The players have three full days now to rest and recover which should do them the world of good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.