Napoli post-match thread

Watching the game reminded me of when we were on the opposite end, i.e chasing the game as the opposition controlled it. I did not worry too much and the last 10 mins seemed to just go as part of what top teams call game management. Its great that we are the team doing the management not chasing game it makes such a difference both mentally and physically.

Defensively you just aren't there yet.
No team in the Premier League concedes fewer shots on goal per game than City. None. In all competitions City have played 12 and conceded just 6, 2 of which were deflected, one a penalty and one an absolute worldy from Daniels. You're just trotting out the standard media bullshit!

What a first half, still think that first half is the best I've ever seen us play against European opposition.
The 2-2 away game was better! Fortunally I went in my mates dad's truck so was able to see the rearranged game the following afternoon after the fog / smoke postponement the previous evening.
We played so well and should have won. The 3 goals in the return game were justice for our dominance in Italy.

Better teams? This was a team that are top of their division with a 100% record for ffs, hardly push overs. I don't think people would be happy until we beat Madrid, Bayern & PSG 5-0 in consecutive games!

Do you think Napoli will get to the semi final stage? Or final?

I know Naloli are a top side, but they aren't as good as the team's we all know City will need to beat to win it.

If that was PSG front three, they would have put one of those chances caused by mistakes away.

I guess it all depends on what you want to achieve in the CL. To win it, you need to be better defensively as well as more clinical when on top.

That's what the game looked like to me.

No team in the Premier League concedes fewer shots on goal per game than City. None. In all competitions City have played 12 and conceded just 6, 2 of which were deflected, one a penalty and one an absolute worldly from Daniels. You're just trotting out the standard media bullshit!

I'm talking about the CL. That's a different level when it gets down to the wire. You may be good enough to with the EPL but I'm not convinced that will be the case in Europe.

It's not media bullshit. I just think in order to become top dog in Europe, which is the goal, then the defence isn't good enough yet.

I may be wrong, but it's my view and not any **** in the media. I want you to do well, the media mostly don't.

I'm talking about the CL. That's a different level when it gets down to the wire. You may be good enough to with the EPL but I'm not convinced that will be the case in Europe.

It's not media bullshit. I just think in order to become top dog in Europe, which is the goal, then the defence isn't good enough yet.

I may be wrong, but it's my view and not any **** in the media. I want you to do well, the media mostly don't.
Barca played 8 conceded 3
City played 8 conceded 4
PSG played 9 conceded 6
Bayern played 8 conceded 7
Real Madrid played 8 conceded 7

????

We needed more players in front of the defence to give us more options in the mega-press that Napoli were playing second half. They were playing 6/7 high up the pitch in the second half and we found it difficult to pick a pass up the pitch. We did it three times but a combination of great last ditch defending and players being out of gas or more greedy than usual cost us. Once Gungodan came on the threat diminished but we can't leave Dinho in a 1 v 2 or 3 scenario and expect us to do well in similar circumstances with Sterling and Sane not holding onto the ball when they received the pass out.

Last edited:
i reckon if that game had gone on for 10 mins longer napoli would have probably scored. they really grew into the game in the second half and were unlucky not to have got at least another.

Do you think Napoli will get to the semi final stage? Or final?

I know Naloli are a top side, but they aren't as good as the team's we all know City will need to beat to win it.

If that was PSG front three, they would have put one of those chances caused by mistakes away.

I guess it all depends on what you want to achieve in the CL. To win it, you need to be better defensively as well as more clinical when on top.

That's what the game looked like to me.

I think you seriously underrate Napoli. Yes they could reach a CL Semi. PSG possibly wouldn't have created the problems that caused the 'mistakes' you speak of.

I'm hoping they get Utd in the knock out stages. They will tear Utd a new one.

The truth about City is that we are growing as a Pep team as the season goes on. Peps teams defend and attack as a team. We aren't the finished article yet and may get found out in some games but the trajectory is extremely positive.

I'm very happy but not getting carried away (yet!)

i reckon if that game had gone on for 10 mins longer napoli would have probably scored. they really grew into the game in the second half and were unlucky not to have got at least another.
I reckon we would score two more as well if the game went on for 10 minutes longer. And why was Napoli unlucky? Because Stones was excellent and was doing what everybody claimed last season he was not able to be doing. BEcause Ederson was doing what he is capable of! If Napoli was was unlucky, then I can say we were calamitously unlucky not to score 3 more goals at least. For many posters here it is always an issue of a glass being half full/half empty. I am an engineer and for me it is always about the glass being the right size to hold the water and that is what our game plan and performance achieved last night. This Napoli side right now are the same level as all those teams that were causing us problems at Etihad in previous CL seasons. And still, our win was very comfortable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.