Napoli post-match thread

He says he's not time to re-watch the game, i wish he's use the time he's using posting his usual bollocks to watch it again so we don't have to read it.

He's contrary as fuck, sure he's related to our resident happy hammer..................
Immediately i was sure i knew who you two were referring to,i have just gone back in the thread to confirm,i was right.

Last night was a great performance against a great team,thats all.

Pep Guardiola: “Today we beat an incredible team and we had to give an incredible performance to do that.”

Pep: “We did OK - but they played very well and made it very difficult for us, it was so complicated.”

pep did a great job on man management and even the 5min injury time we control the ball its a long long season and busting your guts in games when you play saturday and midweek saturday again is hard for any squad and this champions league group is one of the hardest we have played in europe so well played pep

PS
i think we will beat them over there aswell when they press and push up we have so much speed up top even a long kick from the keeper opens them wide open
I wouldn't say great. Good on relaying instructions but only OK on subs, but not great. Fernandinho and Stones were under pressure from the mega-press for 25 mins. Fernandinho buckled under the pressure Stones didn't. The Gundogan sub was 15 mins too late in my opinion.
Substitutions are not Pep' s strong point.

Last edited:
How many clear cut chances did this Napoli team have? Oh they no mugs like what the scum and Scousers have got in there group.

They missed a penalty and should have done better with a couple of unforced defensive errors.

And yes they are better than the teams either of those two play. I never thought either of them had a chance to win it though. I do think if you can tighten at the back you could. But only if its sorted, it's getting caught out too often through basic errors.

That in the CL, always comes back to haunt you.

No team in the Premier League concedes fewer shots on goal per game than City. None. In all competitions City have played 12 and conceded just 6, 2 of which were deflected, one a penalty and one an absolute worldy from Daniels. You're just trotting out the standard media bullshit!
Yes, for all their defensive plaudits, the Rags have conceded exactly the same in all competitions. From PL they have conceded 2, both to Stoke. In CL 1 to CSKA Moscow. In Super cup 2 to Real Madrid and in EFL 1 to Burton Albion.

A good, close game - ended up about the way I expected with a narrow City win. We were unfortunate not to get a third in the first half which likely would have finished off the game.

They missed a penalty and should have done better with a couple of unforced defensive errors.

And yes they are better than the teams either of those two play. I never thought either of them had a chance to win it though. I do think if you can tighten at the back you could. But only if its sorted, it's getting caught out too often through basic errors.

That in the CL, always comes back to haunt you.
you won.

the fact you grinded it out shows character after making so many mistakes - from final ball when on top, to pens given, from a period of intense pressure.

this is a turn around for City. the problem was never really the quality - it was not grinding it out in tight CL games and just being pipped.

5 PL teams top the 8 groups at present. City the best team in the PL. pre tourny odds 14/1 - now 6/1 for the city to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.